Menu
How important are TYPHOID shots?
Apr 5, 2005 07:55
  • SEEGOOD
How important are Typhoid shots if only traveling in Beijing and environs?
Apr 5, 2005 11:24
  • PEPPERMINT
Well i dont think it is absolutely necessary.
Typhoid is not a threat in city now. However, if you want to go to suburbs, avoid unboiled water and too much cold food or snacks like icecream without decent brand.
Apr 5, 2005 11:36
  • HEYJUDE
Yes, I agree with peppermint.
Now, the incidence of typhoid fever in cities is extremely low. You don't need worry too much about this.
Apr 5, 2005 13:08
  • CHINAED
I agree with Peppermint and HeyJude. It is also unnecessary to take Lipitor to travel to China.

If you decide to anyway, you can take Typhoid treatment orally. Otherwise, the shot is performed on your butt!

Lastly, be sure to bring an alarm clock. You probably think you won't need it, but it just might be useful. If that's too cumbersome, ask someone else and I'm sure he will gladly bring his.

Have a great trip!
Apr 5, 2005 21:03
  • ELCABRON
If you want to be able to SEEGOOD in the future, too, you should get the basic vaccinations for Asia....
If you avoid all that things might get more adventurous than youll like! But no risc, no fun......
Apr 6, 2005 11:20
  • PEPPERMINT
One thing i just recalled is if you go to the countryside, you'd better be very careful of the straying dogs.Rabies is still a threat in countryside.
Post a Reply to: How important are TYPHOID shots?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code