Menu
Will you spend more than 2 million USD to have lunch with Buffett?
Jun 12, 2011 02:19
  • MARRYMAX
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 8 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
This year, an anonymous bidder gave 2,345,678 USD to win a lunch with Buffett though it didn’t break the record of 2.6 billion USD last year. How much will you pay if you have lunch with 8 people even if one of them is Buffet? Think about it.

Since 2000, Buffett has started to raise money for Glide Foundation by auctioning his lunch. At the first three years, it just cost five figures to have lunch with him. After he auctioned his lunch online in 2003, some people started to pay six figures to have lunch with him. Now, rich guys even are willing to spend more than 2 million to have lunch with him. Are they out of their mind?

Jun 13, 2011 22:17
GUEST1529 Of course not. I wasn't that silly. I would use my money to help those poor people instead of donating my money to his wife's foundation.

PS: Buffett always has lunch at the same restaurant. I hate it and I do not like beef steak.
Jun 14, 2011 21:34
  • GARDENER12
I would prefer to keep the money or do any other thing more meaningful.
Jun 15, 2011 22:23
  • KEVIN0518
You know what I am thinking about? Buffett has earned tooooooo much money. Why not ask him to buy us a meal? I am waiting to see that he opens a restaurant and offers free food to those homeless people.
Jun 21, 2011 00:04
GUESTAN ORDI... Of Course yes. Warren is a great American; gave million to the rest of the World (including the poor people in China; while the filthy rich Chinese in China trun their back on their own poor countrymen.
Jun 22, 2011 02:24
  • SUSAN205060
Buffet is a clever man and I respect him. But millions of dollars just for dinner, it is stupid !

The success can not be copied and we need to work hard and rely on ourselves!

Yours sincerely,
Susan (China guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Jun 23, 2011 01:22
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
OK. The purpose is to raise money for his wife's fundation. Now I make up my mind to invite him to have a dinner with me and I would pay the bill and give some money to his wife's fundation. Of course not 2 million USD. Do you think he will dine with me?
Jun 24, 2011 08:28
GUEST12982 For 99% of the people this question can't be relevant, because they'll never have that kind of money even if they lived 1000 years.

KEVIN0518 - you picked on the wrong billionaire...actually Buffet and Gates have a foundation vaccinating children around the world with a budget larger than all other foundations put together.
Also, feeding the homeless has been tried before, and failed. Why? it led to more homelessness, more laziness, more dependency and less motivation.
Post a Reply to: Will you spend more than 2 million USD to have lunch with Buffett?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code