Menu
Heidi, another animal star after Knut and Paul in Germany
Jun 12, 2011 03:16
  • CHERRY07
Knut and Octopus were both two most popular animal stars in Germany. Knut was a bear but unfortunately he died on Mar 19, 2011. Paul was an octopus who had a very special ability, foreseeing the football games. He died peacefully on Oct 26, 2010.

Now a cross-eyed possum has been very popular on the internet. Her name is Heidi who was abandoned in the US with her sister and moved to Germany in May. Heidi has its own webpage. You may not believe that she has 65000 fans on Facebook but it is true.

The zoo officials believe that her eye problem could be related to the diet she had before being abandoned, or because she is overweight, which can lead to fat desposits around the eyes. It is because of her eyes that attracts so many fans.

Germany seems to be very good at developing animal stars. Knut and Paul were both two successful examples. But German doesn’t think so. The zoo where she stays says that the attention on Heidi is "surprising and unplanned".

Last edited by CHERRY07: Jun 12, 2011 03:17
Jun 26, 2011 03:29
  • RAINDROP
She is cute. I think that German people really like animals. That's why they have so many animal stars.
Jul 4, 2011 02:09
  • SUNRISE2000
Who is the next animal star?
Jul 30, 2011 23:48
  • NOBODY
I cant talk for all Germans, but yes we like animals very much. And we think its very important to protect them. (Just like our environment)
Why we have so "many" animal stars? I dont know but as long as we have them, enjoy and see that there is some good in the world.
Jul 31, 2011 04:29
  • CHERRY07
So you are a German, Nobody? I guess that you must raise a pet. Maybe a dog?
Sep 28, 2011 22:42
  • RAINDROP
Cherry, this possum is going to die. The zoo has decided to let her die because she is too old and suffers from arthritis and some other diseases. Living is a pain to her.
Nov 16, 2011 20:46
GUESTHEIDI She has the same name as mine...
Post a Reply to: Heidi, another animal star after Knut and Paul in Germany
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code