Menu
Wuzhen or Xitang?
Jun 19, 2011 03:35
  • AYCC23
My family will be following a tour this Sept to Shanghai & nearby cities. Since no water village is featured in the itinerary & we're extending our stay, we'd like to visit 1. From Shanghai, is Wuzhen or Xitang better & why? Also is it recommended to stay overnight?

Jun 19, 2011 03:50
GUEST9468
Quote:

Originally Posted by AYCC23

My family will be following a tour this Sept to Shanghai & nearby cities. Since no water village is featured in the itinerary & we're extending our stay, we'd like to visit 1. From Shanghai, is Wuzhen or Xitang better & why? Also is it recommended to stay overnight?

It is hard to tell. If you want to experience original and authentic watertown, I suggest you go to Xitang. Wuzhen is developed every well and Xitang keeps its originality and hasn't been developed greatly. Another reason: Xitang is a bit close to Shanghai.

No matter where you go, you should stay there for a night to appreciate the night scene.

Jun 20, 2011 00:38
  • AYCC23
Thanks GUEST9468.
Based on your recommendation as well as others I've read up, looks like we're going to Xitang & hopefully stay overnight. Any idea where I can get more info on getting there from Shanghai? Very limited info from my search including Xitang's own website.
Jun 20, 2011 01:08
GUEST3649 Hi,

You need go to Shanghai South Long Distance Bus Station to take bus to Jiashan(嘉善) first and then catch a taxi to Xitang.

SHanghai to Jiashan: 1 hour and CNY 30.
Jiashan to Xitang: around CNY 20 (taxi). Or you can catch a bus at Jiashan Bus Station. It costs around CNY 5 per person.
Jun 20, 2011 06:42
  • RICHARD121
Everyone has his own opinion and interests so you are bound to get different suggestions. According to me I will go for the Xitang simply due to the fact that it’s raw and gives a nice break between your day to day city schedule.
Jun 23, 2011 00:59
  • AYCC23
GUEST3649 ~ thanks for the helpful info. Managed to searched for bus & train info already.
RICHARD121 ~ appreciate your opinion, thanks.
Post a Reply to: Wuzhen or Xitang?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code