Menu
Travel overland
Apr 5, 2005 23:28
  • GREENVIXEN
Hi

I hope to travel from Bangkok to Kunming in end April/early May and would appreciate advice about how to get there and back to Bangkok.

I prefer to travel overland because it is more environmentally friendly, but would consider a one-way flight if this was not too expensive, and if this easy to arrange, to save time.

In this case would it be possible to buy a one-way flight from Bangkok to Kunming? I would rather fly from Bangkok to Kunming and then return from Kunming-Bangkok by bus/train through Jiangcheng, and Laos, into Thailand.

Would love to hear your tips, advice or stories!

Thanks
Apr 6, 2005 00:38
  • VIATURATI3
Hello, I have lived in Lao for 6 months and did the over land route to my new home in Guangzhou. This brought me to kunming from Vientaine Lao. The bus trip from Bangkok to Vientaine is over night then about 12 hours to Luang Probang. Vangvieng is 4 hours from Vientaine and well worth the stop. It is pritty touristy though but easy to get away. this is where I lived. Luang Probang is also nice. It is then about 14 to 16 hours to the Chinese border and a one hour taxi to the first town in China. It is then an 20 plus hour bus ride to Kunming.
Post a Reply to: Travel overland
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code