Menu
Where to get certificate of no impediment? (Going to China on L visa)
Jun 25, 2011 06:48
guestRezUK I am from the UK. I will be going to China to get married to my GF. We had originally planned on me going to work there for a few months and marry on our anniversary. But circumstances have changed drastically recently.

I was wondering where would it be better for me to get the "certificate of no impediment" from. I know I can go to China on a Tourist L Visa. That will only let me stay in China for 30days. So, should I make the "certificate of no impediment" here in the UK before I go, or do it in China?

My other questions are:
If I will be able to extend the visa when I am in China after I am married?
If so, will I be able to work or will it just be a tourist visa but with a longer duration of stay?

If I cannot work, then I will look for work in China. When I do find work, will I need to leave the country to start my visa related stuff again or can I get it sorted out within the country?

If anyone needs any more information, just ask. I really need help on this.
Jul 8, 2011 19:04
GUEST12982 My advice:
1. prepare all your documents in the UK, before you go to China.
2. tourist visas can be extended in China, but I think only once (I'm not sure).
3. you can't work on a tourist visa, you'll need a z visa, which has to issued to you in your country (read about it in other posts).
Jul 9, 2011 03:15
  • JOHNNASH
You should make the "certificate of no impediment" in UK before you go to China
You can extend the visa when I am in China after I am married.
You can't work on this visa, it just be a tourist visa but with a longer duration of stay
if you find a job in China, you have to exit China to get a Z visa, then return to Mainland China.
Jul 9, 2011 16:22
  • GAFFER
The certificate of no impediment is your proof that you are free to marry. It is obtained in the UK and needs to be sworn. You will need Chinese translations but it is cheaper to get those in China.

After your marriage you apply for a 1 year visa to stay. This can be renewed without leaving China.

The only work you are likely to find is as an English teacher. Foreigners must have a "Special Skill" to find legitimate employment. Special skill translates as a skill that a Chinese citizen could not perform. A prospective employer needs to be registered to employ foreigners. Only then can they provide the Z visa required.

You will need to leave china to apply for a Z visa. Hong Kong is a possibility.

There is a UK forum to help those wishing to marry a Chinese lady. Most members have already been through this and can provide invaluable information and help. This forum will not permit me to provide the address for the UK forum. PM me if you would like it.
Jul 9, 2011 20:01
GUESTGUESTREZUK Hi, I am the OP.
I can't pm you unless I register.
Can you email me the address at yahoo.co.uk|syke_2k2?
Post a Reply to: Where to get certificate of no impediment? (Going to China on L visa)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code