Menu
I won 2 medals for Chinese food
Jun 26, 2011 04:50
  • DAVEC
After talking to people on here and my many trips around China I have learnt to cook a few nice dishes.

My company hold a competition every year for cooking and there are 2 categories, sweet and savoury.

I decided to enter with 3 dishes, Almond tofu for the sweet plus twice cooked pork and bang bang chicken in the savoury.

The sweet dish got me 1st prize and a gold medal, the bang bang chicken was 2nd in the savoury and got me silver. Sadly the twiced cooked pork was too spicy for the judges

Sorry I cant show you any photos because the food was eaten too quick, but next time I cook them I will share.
Jun 26, 2011 21:06
Good to hear that you won 2 medals in the competition. Does your company have a cook? If so, your boss should fire that guy and let you be the cook.
Jul 9, 2011 05:58
  • DAVEC
No cook. It was just a bit of fun for a day.

Also got silver medals for photography last year and managed to get gold this year
Jul 12, 2011 03:08
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

No cook. It was just a bit of fun for a day.

Also got silver medals for photography last year and managed to get gold this year

Very nice. I am learning to cook foods too. You know, the food prices are increasing crazily. A Chinese hamburger costs 6-10 yuan. I really can not afford it.

Dave, where can I see your photos and medals?
Jul 18, 2011 12:22
  • DAVEC
Medals are on my wall at home, photos are on the website
Jul 18, 2011 20:30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

Medals are on my wall at home, photos are on the website

I visited your website and noticed that there was a food gallery. But I couldn't find out the dishes you made for the competition. Did you cook all the dishes in the gallery? They look very delicious.
Jul 19, 2011 02:00
  • LINGYUXISU
Congratulations, Davec! BTW, I saw your pics on the web. They are amazingly beautiful.
Aug 3, 2011 21:51
Davec, I have learnt a dish---Stir-fried cabbages with vinegar. I cooked it for my friends and they said it was delicious.
Aug 18, 2011 04:20
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Davec, I have learnt a dish---Stir-fried cabbages with vinegar. I cooked it for my friends and they said it was delicious.

Surprise, Lonely. Didn't know that you could cook dishes. Do you have some specialties?
Post a Reply to: I won 2 medals for Chinese food
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code