Menu
Budget advice
Apr 6, 2005 00:52
  • ALEXA25
Hi, Can anyone out there give me any tips with regard to amounts of money I would need to travel from Beijing to Xian, Shanghai and finishing up in HK, over the course of roughly 6 weeks?
Also, I will be travelling in January and February......will it be as cold as I think? What kind of clothing should I take?
Thanks!
Apr 6, 2005 00:59
  • VIATURATI3
Hello. You should think hard that which kind of transportation you will use. The budget for hotels could be 100 yuan/day, and food if you can handle street food I would say 10 yuan a meal is a nice deal. Admission fee to tourist sites should be considered too. You are not going to cheap places!
Apr 6, 2005 12:01
  • DEE0228
Jan and feb are the coldest time in most cities. In Xian and Beijing, the temperature uaually below -15C degree, down wears are needed in these places. Shanghai is near freezing, and HK is a bit better, usually 10-15C degree.
Apr 7, 2005 08:44
  • ANTHEA
For budget travellers, Jan or Feb are good choices since these two months are the low season of tourism. Thus you may save some expenses on accommodation as well as transportation. While be sure to avoid the Chinese New Year since the transportation will be a big problem.
Post a Reply to: Budget advice
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code