Menu
Divorce ceremony in Japan
Jul 5, 2011 22:25
  • XIAOXIAO
Divorce is unhappy. But some couples will have their “divorce ceremony” to declare their marriage is done. In Japan, Tomoharu and Miki decided to separate after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. The disasters forced them to rethink their differences in their values. Eventually, they chose to divorce.

At the divorce ceremony, they use a hammer to smash their wedding ring, which symbolize the end of their 13 years marriage.

Pay attention to the hammer they use. A guy commented on the news “That's the dumbest looking frog hammer that I've ever seen. What's up with that?! (Actually, that is the ONLY frog hammer that I've ever seen.) Perhaps it symbolized how the marriage croaked.”

Jul 6, 2011 02:50
  • SUNNYDAY
This reminds me of a Chinese movie 'If You Are the One'. In the beginning of the movie is a divorce ceremony. All the guests invited were wearing black, so were the 'bride' and 'groom'. They even had divorce vows.

Jul 17, 2011 02:26
  • LAUGH
It is stupid to have such a divorce ceremony. You don't have to tell the whole world that you are divorced. And I am also curious who will pay for the ceremony. The husband, the wife or both?

PS: The hammer looks so lovely.
Jul 18, 2011 22:03
  • MARRYMAX
They may commemorate their marriage by holding a divorce ceremony. After this ceremony, they will be apart. Say "byebye" to their past and start a new life.
Jul 19, 2011 01:56
  • LINGYUXISU
They are trying their best to tell as many people as possible that they are available again.
Post a Reply to: Divorce ceremony in Japan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code