Applying for a Chinese F-visa in Hong Kong
Jul 16, 2011 09:08
  • Points: 42
  • Join Date: Feb 20, 2010
  • Status: offline
I am currently in China with an F-Visa but it's going to expire at the end of this month and I cannot renew it here (because I've been in China for one year).

So I am planning to fly to Hong Kong to apply for a new F-Visa, however I am completely new to this and do it all on my own, so I don't know what to expect.

Does anybody know where I should go to apply for the visa? Also are there any pitfall I should be worried about? In general, do they give these visas easily? If someone could share some recent experience and info, that would be great. Thank you!
Jul 16, 2011 22:08
  • ENID
  • Points: 2629
  • Join Date: Aug 4, 2010
  • Status: Offline
What passport do you hold? because people from some countries are banned from applying China visa in HK unless they reside or work there. The place in HK for China visa application should be the Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Ministry in HK SAR.
Their address is 7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building, No.26, Harbor Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR.
If you are not among the list said above, it is easy even apply by yourself. Regular processing time needed is 4 working days at this office.
Jul 17, 2011 00:16
  • Points: 42
  • Join Date: Feb 20, 2010
  • Status: Offline
Thanks for the info! Do you know which countries are banned? I hold a French passport.
Jul 24, 2011 20:41

Originally Posted by LAURENTCHINE

Thanks for the info! Do you know which countries are banned? I hold a French passport.

The restrictions imposed on Hong Kong are now applied to Macau as well. Like Hong Kong, 33 countries’ citizens are banned from applying for a China visa in Macau, unless they are working or living in the city: Afghanistan, Tunisia, Algeria, Bangladesh ,Congo, Egypt, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, lraq, Mali, Libya, South Africa, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Kirgizstan, Malaysia, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Mauritania, Saudi Arab, Sierra Leone, Syria.

You are ok to apply your visa in HK.
Jul 26, 2011 11:34
GUEST84173 Please let us know the result when you are back
Aug 4, 2011 23:00
  • Points: 42
  • Join Date: Feb 20, 2010
  • Status: Offline
Ok I got a 30 days F-visa today in Hong Kong, I will need to renew it for 3 months once I'm back in China. So for those interested, here is what you will need:

- Letter of invitation. You can get that in China from a visa agency. It cost me 700 RMB.

- The two application forms. Get them from there:

- A valid passport.

- 150 HK Dollars fee

If you are from certain countries, you might have to provide additional documents. I know that includes France (because of the "recent" diplomatic problems) but there might be more countries concerned, so be ready for that. The additional documents are:

- A valid flight return ticket to your country of origin. You can buy a flexible ticket from British Airway for instance. Then if needed, you can change or cancel the ticket at no extra cost.

- An hotel reservation in China for one month. Also, before booking, make sure that you can change or cancel the reservation if needed.

- A travel insurance that covers your whole trip.

- Your complete itinerary in China. Put your name, your passport number, then list where you'll be day by day. I wrote something like: "2011-09-02 to 2011-09-20 - Beijing", "2011-09-20 to 2011-09-29 Shanghai", etc. If you don't know where you'll be, write something anyway. Finally, sign the itinerary.

And "that's it". Now give everything to the Chinese consulate and cross your fingers. I advice going to the consulate at the end of the morning (11:20, not after because they won't let you in, unless you're only here to pick up your passport) or end of afternoon (4:20) because there's almost nobody at that time, so you'll see someone almost immediately. Avoid Mondays, early mornings and early afternoons or you'll have a long queue waiting outside.
Oct 17, 2012 21:18
GUEST11221 I am indonesian female i have been to china twice on L visa , now i want to stay longer then two month, My L visa is going to expire on 16 november, i want to apply for F visa in Hong Kong For six months. now i want to know how i can do so? beside Agents are ready to process my case but they are charging 7000 Rmb. can i do by my self
Oct 18, 2012 11:47
GUEST16044 Dear
We can do it for you. Please contact us on|hotzee_intl_skp


Badar Munir
Oct 24, 2012 09:15
GUEST52149 Dear Badar Munir,

Pls send me details on|acewineskp
Nov 14, 2012 09:04
GUEST24123 We can not send any detail to you.

You have to come visit personally.

And you know better where?
Jan 25, 2017 12:37
GUEST46197 i want to know open the company in hongkong how much is cost
i am american citizen
Post a Reply to: Applying for a Chinese F-visa in Hong Kong
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code