Menu
Rupert Murdoch: We are sorry!
Jul 17, 2011 04:39
  • JIMMYB
Due to the phone hacking scandal, the News International closed a British tabloid ‘the News of the World’ on July 7, which has been published for 168 years. But it hasn’t been over yet. Rupert Murdoch and his son will be inquired by the British police with regard of this issue.

As a result, Rupert Murdoch has announced that News International will stop buying the 61 percent of British pay-TV broadcaster BSkyB.

On the other hand, he has written a personal apology under the headline "We are sorry." published in all British national newspapers for the hurt suffered by people targeted by phone hacking at his News of the World tabloid.

Will "We are sorry" ease the public’ anger about the phone hacking scandal?

The victims of the phone hacking may have included the murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, relatives of deceased British soldiers, and victims of the 7/7 London bombings and even victims of the 9/11 attacks. Will they accept Rupert Murdoch’s apology?
Jul 18, 2011 02:20
GUEST7873 The chief editor of the News of the World has been arrested due to the phone hacking scandal. There must be more behind the report.

We readers just know the reports. The news behind the news is still secret.
Jul 19, 2011 01:39
  • JIMMYB
Many people have been involved in the phone hacking scandal. The London police commissioner Paul Stephenson and his assistant commissioner John Yates both have resigned because of this scandal.

Sean Hoare, the former journalist of the News of the World was found dead at home. It was he who disclosed the phone hacking scandal. Once he told the New York Times that the phone hacking was far more extensive than the News of the World acknowledged when the police investigated the paper. The police said his death was unexplainable but was not thought to be suspicious.

Why was Sean Hoare dead?

The British Prime Minister Cameron might be in trouble because of the scandal because he invited Andy Coulson as his press secretary and he was arrested last Friday.

Jul 29, 2011 17:49
  • LARRYBOY
People this high up in the world are never sorry. If he wasnt caught then he would have nothing to apologize for. All thieves cry and say sorry "WHEN" they are caught, but up to that point, deceit will continue without remorse and conscience.
Jul 31, 2011 20:48
  • MARRIE
What else can he say. Saying something is better than nothing even if it's a diplomatic terminology. However, his family board that governs the news corp could be never more.
Jul 31, 2011 22:41
  • DREAMLIFE
"I am sorry that I attacked Rupert Murdoch. Will you forgive me? But I really think that he deserves this."---From the man who attacked Murdoch during the parliament conference.
Jul 31, 2011 23:32
  • JETSETTER
I admire Wendi Murdoch aka Wendi Deng. She is a brave and loyal woman and he is fortunate that she was there to support him.
Aug 3, 2011 03:55
GUEST0864 The phone hacking scandal isn't over. The former Executive Chief Editor of the News of the World has been arrested by the London police. He once said that he had nothing to do with the phone hacking scandal.

Wendi Deng can save Rupert Murdoch from the attack but she can not save him from the phone hacking scandal.
Post a Reply to: Rupert Murdoch: We are sorry!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code