Menu
Improve my spoken Chinese...help!
Jul 21, 2011 00:58
  • CHINYCHEN
Hey everyone - talking to other foreigners struggling with this language, it seems many of us (myself definitely included) run into a common problem - pretty good reading/listening/writing - but embarrassingly bad speaking. I'd put most of my skills around upper intermediate, with speaking lagging far behind. I'm studying a lot - but most texts seem to be basically: memorize vocab, make a sentence, read text, answer a few questions, do grammar exercises. Repeat.

So, has anyone found good techniques or exercises that can be used to improve speaking? Maybe a good textbook that doesn't focus on tons of vocab, but on classroom exercises, questions to spur discussion, etc. Maybe mock interviews? Simple stories to retell in Chinese?

Jul 22, 2011 04:02
  • ABIGAIL294
You can go to Aichinese.com! I thought this website was very useful, because my Chinese is not that good and I need to practice my speaking skills more often so this website definitely works!
Jul 27, 2011 10:51
  • ORENTAUB1
hi
my name is orna and i am from israel.
I am also in your situation exactly.
I want to offer you to practice speaking chinese with me by skype.
my email is:
zahav.net.il|orentaub
good luck (hou xingyun)
orna
Dec 8, 2011 01:27
  • PATRICK12X
contact me , i think i can give you some help, trust me ,coz i used to be in the same situation for learing English.This is Patrick, my msn:hotmail.com|xiaocunxing13;skype:patrick12x
Post a Reply to: Improve my spoken Chinese...help!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code