Menu
Indian Citizen entering and exiting Mainland through Hong Kong
Jul 22, 2011 13:37
guest11485 Hello!

I am an Indian citizen planning to fly into HK to spend a week in HK, and thereafter enter Mainland to visit friends in Guangzhou. My return flight would be from HK again.

I am aware that Indian citizens are eligible for a 14 day visa on arrival for HK, and i have a single-entry visa 1 month for Mainland China.

My question is:

Can i spend 1 week in HK, 2 weeks in Mainland, and then return to HK to catch my return flight to India? Please note i would be exceeding the 14 days of my HK visa in this case, and would effectively need to reenter HK with a fresh visa. Am i right? Is this itinerary feasible?

Very grateful for any replies...thanks.

Ved
Jul 23, 2011 01:06
  • CRYSTALRING
You can spend 1 week in HK, 2 weeks in Mainland China, and then return to HK to catch your return flight to India. it's true that Indian passport holders are exempt from a visa to Hong Kong for 14 days. Hong Kong and Mainland China applies different exit & enter controls, in visa area, Mainland China and Hong Kong are regarded as two countries. When you enter Mainland China from Hong Kong, the 14 days visa on arrival in Hong Kong has been used. When you return to Hong Kong from Mainland China, you can get a new 14 days visa on arrival.
Jul 23, 2011 04:02
GUEST20372 Many thanks! This is good to know, and will help me plan my trip better.

Best,

Ved
Post a Reply to: Indian Citizen entering and exiting Mainland through Hong Kong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code