Menu
A few airways decrease jet fuel surcharges on their international routes from August 1
Aug 1, 2011 03:26
guest6712 Shenzhen Airlines, Dragon Air, Cathay Pacific and Asiana Airlines issue a notice that they will decrease the jet fuel surcharges on the international routes from August 1.

Shenzhen Airlines decreases the jet fuel surcharges on Shenzhen-Hong Kong line to CNY 179. On the other hand, passengers who take plane from Hong Kong to mainland China need to pay HK$215 after Shenzhen Airlines adjusts the jet fuel surcharges.

Passengers who take Dragon Air’s flights between Hong Kong and mainland China just need to pay 27.6 USD jet fuel surcharges after Dragon Air decreases the jet fuel surcharges. The jet fuel surcharges on Hong Kong--South Asia Sub-Continent (India, Bangladesh and Nepal) airlines decrease 3.5 USD.

The jet fuel surcharges on Hong Kong-Australia/New Zealand/North America/Europe/Africa/Middle East/South Asia Sub-Continent airlines will be adjusted to 133.6 USD, according to Cathay Pacific. Besides, Cathay Pacific adjusts the jet fuel surcharges on Hong Kong mainland China routes to 27.6 USD.

Asiana Airlines decrease the jet fuel surcharges on Hong Kong-South Korea/Japan airlines to HK$215. The jet fuel surcharges on routes from Hong Kong to America/Europe/Oceania will be adjusted to HK$1042.
Aug 1, 2011 08:58
GUEST19140 Somehow, most passangers will pay the same or more for their tickets...
Ticket prices reflect supply and demand factors as much as fuel costs or taxes.
With luggage charges, airlines are now laughing all the way to the banks.
I used to pay $670 R/T from LAX to PEK. Now it's $950.
I used to pay $250 R/T from LAX to JFK, now it's $450.
Result? I fly less.
Aug 1, 2011 21:27
  • SUNNYDAY
Why? The jet fuel surcharges for the domestic flights has raised the fourth time this year.
Last edited by SUNNYDAY: Aug 1, 2011 21:33
Aug 1, 2011 22:52
  • RAINDROP
Anyway, I am glad to hear that the jet fuel surcharges on international airlines drop. You know what? The Chinese airlines increase the jet fuel surcharges on their domestic airlines. The international oil prices have dropped recently. I can’t understand why Chinese airlines increase the jet fuel surcharges even though they spend less money to import oil.
Post a Reply to: A few airways decrease jet fuel surcharges on their international routes from August 1
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code