Menu
need help tour in Guilin
Apr 8, 2005 09:03
  • PYEAP15
Hi, I am Yeap. I will be flying to GuangZhou next week, and most probably will be paying Guilin a visit with my friend. Hence, lately i have been searching some info about Guilin such as:
1. transport from guilin airport to city, shall i rely on taxi or coaches? normal fare for both?

2. any recommended hotel in the city which has some tourist sports surrounding it within walking distance? is lijiang water fall hotel ok? shall i book in advance? but was thinking will book when i arrive as to constraint myself to one place.

3. basically, will be staying there 3 to 4 days. any recommended MUST VISIT places?

appreciate if anyone could assist me out of this.
Thanks
Apr 8, 2005 10:02
  • ILEERCHINA
hi yeap, i live in Guilin city.my house is 5 minutes to the seven star park, and 10 minutes to the downtown. i would love to be your free guide in guilin. if you need any information about guilin feel free to ask :)
hotmail.com|victoriamei

best regards!

Apr 8, 2005 10:34
  • VIATURATI3
Woooow rich kid!
Since you are planning flying and staying in the lijiang water fall, no worries about the taxi then. the hotel is really well located and looks nice from outside (i cant afford going in).
one of the must-see is the rice terraces in long sheng, but it might take a day or two so could be a time problem.
The cruise from guilin to yang shuo is worth trying. the landscape along the river is just amazing. but the town of yang shuo... hhmmm, everyone has his own opinion.
Apr 8, 2005 10:42
  • ILEERCHINA
1. from the airport to guilin city, you can take a bus or taxi. the taxi's fare is about 80yuan .the bus's fare i'm not sure. sorry. i will try to find out and tell you later.
2. if you want to book the hotel it will be ok. but you can also come here and book it when you get to guilin. it is a non-peak season now.so don't worried about the hotel will be full.
3 for you have 4days, you can stay in guilin city for one day, and then go to yangshuo from guilin by boat the next day morning.stay one night in yangshuo. and the 3rd day morning you can take a bus to longsheng. and spend a day there. then come back to guilin get ready to your next destination by trian ,bus or plane.

Apr 8, 2005 11:11
  • DEE0228
Hey, Yeap!

The following info is for u!

1.From airport to city, both coach and taxi are available.
coach: 20yuan per person
taxi: uauslly 60 yuan

2. when will you arrive in guilin? If the date will not fall on the travel peak , say Apr 25 to May 10, booking is not necessary. Otherwise you'd better book beforehand.

3. There are not so much to see in the city,the cruise down the li river and the terraces in Longsheng are highly recommended. Also, it's fun to have a bicycle tour in the rural area.

Dee:)
Apr 8, 2005 11:16
  • PYEAP15
Thanx Mi. i belief the distance between guilin - yangshuo - longsheng will not be too far (about 1 to 2 hours by bus?). anyway, thinking of going to yangshuo initialy as well.

Hi Yan, i am not rich la but a man whom would like to travel occasionally (not too often). Normally the net indicates / recommends only the medium to high end hotel, so no choice only get to know those hotels.
Thanx Yan.

Apr 8, 2005 11:51
  • PYEAP15
Hi Mi/Dee/Yan, is there any recommended place to stay in yangshuo and longsheng? or any hotel will do since small town shouldn't have much choices??
regards
Yeap
Apr 8, 2005 13:10
  • VIATURATI3
In long sheng I stayed with a local family. the terraces arent in the town but in several small villages. almost all the villagers have big houses and receive guests so it's not a problem.
In yang shuo, the town is full of guesthouses and hotels, especially along the west street every restaurant and shop has a guesthouse. they are cheap too, and pretty comfortable.
cheers.

yan
Apr 8, 2005 16:26
  • ILEERCHINA
you are welcome,yeap.
from guilin to yangshuo it only takes you 1.5 hours.both in the train station and the bus station have regular buses to yangshuo.but i highly recconmand you to take a boat trip from guilin to yangshuo.don't take a bus.the li river owns the most beautiful scenery in Guilin.everyone knows this in China.don't miss it. and it has no boats from yangshuo to guilin. you can only take a boat from guilin to yangshuo. this is important.
i can send you some pictures when we took a boat in the li river. and talk to you later.
bye
Post a Reply to: need help tour in Guilin
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code