Menu
Will you donate your money to China Red Cross Society after Guo Meimei Scandal?
Aug 4, 2011 03:52
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 44 vote(s)
  3. 10 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Guo Meimei was known to the public in June after showing her jet-set life, having two luxurious cars Lamborghini and Maserati and wearing top branded clothes. She boasted on her microblog that she was “commercial general manager” at the Red Cross, a claim that had been verified by Sina who hosts the microblog.

Her job title has raised people’s doubts about China Red Cross Society. Also it is said that she is the mistress or relative of a top Red Cross official. Where did she get the money to buy luxurious cars? Does corruption exist in China Red Cross Society?

Read Guo Meimei scandal on this page:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/world/asia/04china.html?pagewanted=all

Guo Meimei Scandal has caused trouble for China Red Cross Society. Though China Red Cross Society has clarified that Guo Meimei has nothing to do with them, people still have doubts about the charity organization. A Red Cross hospital in Foshan didn’t receive any donation in July due to Guo Meimei’s scandal. Many people say that they won’t donate a cent until Guo Meimei scandal has been solved.

People have had doubts for a very long time. In April, a phonograph appearing on the internet showed a $1500 restaurant bill for a meal had by some staff of the Shanghai Branch of the Red Cross. Later, the National Audit Office uncovered five financial problems China Red Cross had.

According to the latest report, Guo Meimei has been interviewed by Lang Xianping, a famous economist in China. In the interview, she apologizes for her behavior and claims that she falsified her title of the commercial general manger of the China Red Cross Society. She says that her Maserati was sent as a gift by her godfather Wang Jun, who is a businessman in Shenzhen. However, another report says that Wang Jun isn’t Guo’s godfather but her real boyfriend. Has she told all the truth?

On July 31, China Red Cross launched an online enquiry program which allows the public to enquiry the donation detailed information. However, the public has discovered many “mistakes”. For example, people who donate less than 100000 can’t be found in the program.

After Guo Meimei scandal, China Red Cross Society has made up its mind to repair its image and win people’s trust. Launching online enquiry program is a good example. But will you donate your money to China Red Cross Society in the future?

Aug 4, 2011 04:39
GUEST0743 I won't donate my money to any charity organization unless they can let the donators know where their money go.
Aug 4, 2011 21:00
GUEST9615 After these scandals, it is difficult for me to believe the China Red Cross Society. I won't donate my money to the organization.
Aug 9, 2011 06:13
  • LARRYBOY
Thats why i stopped donating to the United Way,, the same kind of corruption and greed of the worse kind. Stealing from funds allocated to those who are REALLY IN NEED. Not some piranha leech who wants to pad their own lifestyle on everyone elses blood and sweat.
Aug 9, 2011 21:29
  • PSYCHIATRIST
The business of charity sucks. It's purely profitable without inputs. The employees working there are like vampires and parasites if you see what they are really doing in the office!
Aug 9, 2011 22:54
  • JIMMYB
What about this?

A philanthropist donated 300000 RMB directly to a girl who needs to have marrow transplants operation. His behavior has been discussed by many people.

Some people say that the girl was "insulted". It seems that she begs him for the money. But some other people applause for his behavior. "He is much better than those fake philanthropists who promise to donate money but break their promise eventually. Why didn't he give his money to the charity organization? Because many charity organizations are in a mess and he doesn't believe them. China Red Cross Society is an example.", says a man.

Aug 9, 2011 23:03
  • JIMMYB
I don't care whether he donates the money to help the girl or just takes it as a chance to make him famous. Anyway, the girl has a chance to live again.

After the 5.12 earthquake in Wenchuan, many enterprises and people made their promises to donate money. But some of them didn't keep their promises. This guy is much better than them.
Aug 10, 2011 21:45
  • MARRIE
JimmyB, the commercial pic u post is fake and givie ugly sense of buddles of tissue paper and deteriorated flesh.
Last edited by MARRIE: Aug 10, 2011 21:53
Aug 11, 2011 23:24
GUEST19140 If you really want to know: charities spend close to 95% of the money raised on things other than what they intend to spend on.

Some of those things: high salaries, personal spending, lunches, luxurt travel and conventions.
Aug 14, 2011 20:54
Never , ever,
I prefer to donate money to private person or agent who has reputation and trust-worthy.
Aug 14, 2011 21:41
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRIE

JimmyB, the commercial pic u post is fake and givie ugly sense of buddles of tissue paper and deteriorated flesh.

Marrie, how did you know it is fake? Look, he is a successful businessman. It is ok that he earns fame and reputation by giving the money to the poor girl. Most importantly, the girl's life will be saved. They both get what they want from each other. At least, he takes out the money to save the girl.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you donate your money to China Red Cross Society after Guo Meimei Scandal?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code