Menu
tipping is not a city in china
Aug 14, 2011 20:12
  • ANUBIS
i will be in china in about 3 weeks, we have a personal tour guide and driver at various locations around china (different tour guide & etc) NOW, we are wondering, what do you tip these people? My sister found a thread that said "for 2 people for three days tour guide $48-$60 and $24-$36 for the driver." to me that sounds like alot! I don't think we would tip that much in the United States. I thought a reasonable amount would be US $10 per day for the guide and US $5 per day for the driver. Does that sound reasonable?

When i was young my parents moved around alot...but i always found them
Aug 15, 2011 21:09
  • BL2022
Yeah, yours are more resonable. FYI: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/essential/tipping.htm
Aug 17, 2011 02:57
  • QINQIN
in fact there is no rule to tip, it all ups to you. if you think the service is good, you can tip more. if you do not like the service, then no need to tip.

my clients normally tip me 100rmb or up. the most tip i got is one-day service rate.( i am a personal tour guide in shanghai.)

regards

qinqin
Aug 18, 2011 21:30
  • P3347941
Quote:

Originally Posted by QINQIN View Post

in fact there is no rule to tip, it all ups to you. if you think the service is good, you can tip more. if you do not like the service, then no need to tip.

my clients normally tip me 100rmb or up. the most tip i got is one-day service rate.( i am a personal tour guide in shanghai.)

regards
[huanh...

I can't agree with this lady ....So there's nothing more i can say...just do whatever you want and no one else can force you to
Post a Reply to: tipping is not a city in china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code