Menu
Can cactus absorb computer radiation?
Aug 14, 2011 22:44
guest4326 My girlfriend spent CNY 15 buying a potted cactus for me. She told me that I should put the cactus closely to the computer because the cactus could absorb computer radiation.

But I was told by a boss of a flower shop that the cactus could not absorb computer radiation. It is just a lie. The cactus looks ugly and nobody wants to buy it. Then the flowers shop owners figure out a way to sell the cactus, saying the cactus can absorb computer radiation.

But the cactus can release oxygen all day, according to the flower shop owner. Maybe, I will put it in my bedroom.
Aug 15, 2011 22:01
GUEST19140 There is no such thing as an ugly cactus.
We have many cacti varieties here in California, they don't need care but they mange to survive.
Aug 16, 2011 04:01
  • JIMMYB
The cactus can absorb ultra-violet in sunshine. Then someone made an assumption that it could absorb computer radiation too.

To prevent computer radiation, wash your face and hands more often. By the way, those people who use computer very often should eat carrot, animal livers, blueberry etc to protect your eyes.
Aug 18, 2011 01:57
  • KEVIN0518
Jimmyb, I have been told that it is no good to put cactus in your bedroom. Some Feng Shui experts say that a couple may quarrel frequently if the cactus is put in the bedroom.
Aug 18, 2011 13:20
  • CARLOS
That, Kevin, I agree. I was married to one and the quarrel even followed me out from the bedroom.

Carlos

I must admit that every cactus is not ugly but friends, beware, perhaps the beautiful ones have the most sharp spikes.
Aug 21, 2011 22:54
  • KEVIN0518
Sorry to hear that, Carlos. I was hurt by the cactus when I was young. My grandpa planted cactus in a flowerpot. One day the cactus blossomed. I was curious and touched it with my hands. After that, my hands were itchy and I felt painful if someone touched my hands.

My grandpa asked if I touched the cactus and I said Yes. He and I didn't know what to do. In the following days, I had been suffering from the pain. I couldn't remember how it cured. From then on, I keep a distance when I see cactus.

The cactus I touched didn't have sharp spines. It is similar to this.

Aug 21, 2011 22:57
  • KEVIN0518
By the way, I remembered that Zorro once drank the cactus juice when he was in the sands. I thought it was healthy but I was wrong.

It is said that the juice of the wild cactus is poisonous. You may get yourself killed if you drink it. But the juice of the edible cactus is good.
Aug 23, 2011 22:10
GUEST4326 No wonder I quarreled several times with my girlfriend. Thanks for your advice, Kevin. I will move the cactus out of my bedroom.

By the way, the cactus I bought has long and sharp spines. I touched it once and didn't get hurt. I didn't know that the cactus was edible. But the cactus I has must not be eaten because it is for ornamental purpose.
Aug 23, 2011 22:19
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

That, Kevin, I agree. I was married to one and the quarrel even followed me out from the bedroom.

Carlos

I must admit that every cactus is not ugly but friends, beware, perhaps the beautiful ones have the most sharp spikes.

So you kept the cactus when you were with her? Well, I think you should thank cactus for setting you free from that miserable marriage life. Otherwise, you wouldn't have met your current lovely wife.
Aug 23, 2011 22:22
  • KEVIN0518
You are welcome, GUEST4326. I don't have the cactus in my apartment, and a girlfriend yet. Actually, I just doubt if it is true that the cactus affects the relationships. You and Carlos' experience makes my believe it is true.
Aug 25, 2011 22:56
GUEST2358 People who face computer all day should eat animal livers, carrots etc to protect their eyes. By the way, they need to do exercises to avoid suffering from cervical spondylosis and other kinds of illnesses.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can cactus absorb computer radiation?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code