Menu
help in Guang Zhou...
Apr 9, 2005 02:07
  • YOGILLIAN
Hi! I'll be going to guang zhou from hong kong on the 13th to 17th of April 2005. I'll be going alone. Is there any places where I can find cheap crystal and jade accessories??

Is there any singaporean going on this date and want to travel along too...

Becoz this date is during the canton fair.. so is there any recomendation for any cheap hotel like less than 200renmenbi???

Can anyone recomend some cheap hotel in shenzhen and hong kong???
Apr 9, 2005 08:18
  • ILEERCHINA
hi, welcome to china. i can give u some advice please write me at hotmail.com|victoriamei

Apr 9, 2005 12:18
  • VIATURATI3
Hello. For jade you must go to hua lin street, the street and the area around is one of the biggest jade market in china, with a history of more than 400 years. there are thousands of shops there, more of which sell their own products, not from a factory. you can also find an official test center in that street, in case that you worry about the quality.
sorry i dont know about crystal, i dont think there is a place specialized in crystal in guangzhou.
if you need a cheap accomondation and you are ok with homestay, you can think about staying in my house. i have a post in this forum about the homestay please check it out.
my bf has been to shenzhen and hong kong and found cheap hotels there. he will tell you about them.
cheers.

yan
Apr 10, 2005 01:21
  • YOGILLIAN
Does anyone know any flea market that sell feng shui things???? And Yi de road is near which mtr station or how do i get there????
Apr 10, 2005 11:28
  • VIATURATI3
there is a huge market in guangzhou that sells almost everything from food to antiques, and hua lin jade street is part of it. so i'm thinking you will find something there.
to go to yi de lu, you can take a bus (lots) or the metro to xi men kou, line 1.
cheers.

yan
Apr 10, 2005 17:31
  • LESAIGNEUR
Go to Jade market
near Changshulou station (subway)
Apr 10, 2005 22:10
  • YOGILLIAN
Now guang zhou is having protesting, so is it safe to go there at the moment and where are they having the riot???
Apr 11, 2005 08:09
  • ILEERCHINA
hi yogillian, don't worried.people just protesting the japanese's ignorace of history.there isn't any roit in guangzhou.don't worried.guangzhou is safe.
have a great time in guangzhou!
Apr 12, 2005 00:35
  • YOGILLIAN
But I heard that some people who would even gather around you and rob you. There would dress nicely that you would even think they are robbers. Is is really that scarry?
Apr 12, 2005 07:46
  • ILEERCHINA
it will happen while the theifs see the people is too crowed,they will take a chance to get the worthy things.but this seldom happen. polices are everywhere in guangzhou. and most of the people are kind. so don't worried :)
Post a Reply to: help in Guang Zhou...
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code