Menu
Travel from Hanoi to Nanning
Apr 9, 2005 13:09
  • JILL
Hi, I'm looking for a Chinese (female) tour guide that speaks some English. I want to travel from Hanoi to Nanning overland and then to Xian and Beijing. Has anyone travelled this way to give me some advise whether there is a bus or train?
Apr 9, 2005 13:25
  • VIATURATI3
Hi. I did this trip last summer. you have three options:
1.the train. there is a train goes "directly" from hanoi to nanning twice a week. but the ticket is expensive and the train on the vietnamese side is as slow as vietnamese trains are famous for. if you dont wanna be stuck in hanoi waiting for the train for 2-3 days or waiting at the border for everyone on the train to pass. do not take it.
2. rent a taxi. i'm not sure where to find them but maybe every taxi drivers would like to do that. i took one from the border to hanoi it cost me 200 rmb.
3. by mini van. that's what i did from hanoi to the border. i found it through a guesthous, prince 55. it is how vietnamese get to the border. we paid 80 rmb i think. the van leaves at 8am.
or you can take local bus at the station but it is not in the tourist area and you will have to change so it's not a good idea.
the border have a lunch break from 12 to 1 vietnamese time.
after you cross, in the border town there is a bus leaving for nanning at 2:30pm or a train at 3pm or 330pm. you need a taxi to get to the station.
cheers.

yan
Apr 9, 2005 13:27
  • VIATURATI3
if you take the mini van, tell them you are going to the border, otherwise they will drop you in the bordertown.
Apr 9, 2005 17:57
  • ILEERCHINA
hi! do u want a guide only in nanning city or also in xi'an and beijing? what;s your purpose of this trip ? for touring or business? i'm a native guangxi girl.maybe i can help you something with finding a guide.just write me hotmail.com|victoriamei if u are interested in.

best regards :]
Post a Reply to: Travel from Hanoi to Nanning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code