Menu
Apartment fees question Con or not?
Sep 3, 2011 08:43
guestSIPPY
Hello

I have a question about building management fees. I have just moved to a new apartment in Chengdu. The area is brand new in fact a lot of it is still under construction but my apartment is the only one of several ready to be moved into.

My school's staff members and I went to a real estate agent who showed us several apartments before I choose this one. When it came paying the building management fees the landlord wanted 6 months of it up front which I was happy to give assuming it was going to be several hundred but it came to 1400 RMB is this the norm because I think it is too high so in one year nearly 3000 RMB, can anyone give me any insight into this.

The estate agent didn't take any of it so it wasn't a finders fee but the landlord put the money into his manbag. Since I have moved in I am beginning to wonder why the heck I paid the building fees because I take the garbage from my apartment to the big trash can outside, I sweep the floor outside my door because no one is here to do it, and the place is not fully ready, no garden, sidewalk etc so what am I paying for.

So if anyone can give me advice that would be great because I would hate to think that I am being conned.

Sippy
Sep 4, 2011 21:29
  • LINGYUXISU
I'm afraid there is nothing you can do with it. Once you live in it, you have to pay the fee. They don't care where you throw your garbage, whether you have use the elevator or not... Actually, the building management fee is really high of these newly-built apartments. It's normal. I also paid nearly rmb200 per month for the building management fee. Fortunatelly, I have roomates to share it with me.
If you are not satisfied with the service offered, just go to them and gain what you deserve.
Jun 29, 2015 09:50
GUEST11643 Is it the tenant or the landlord/landlady who is responsible for the management fees? I am asking as in the UK it is the landlord and NOT the tenant who pays.
Thanks
gmail.com|crinurumqi
Post a Reply to: Apartment fees question Con or not?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code