Menu
Pork Skin?
Sep 10, 2011 01:59
I didn't eat this thing before. My friend went for a visit in Philippines and bought some for me. How was it made? Anyone ate it before?

Last edited by AVATAR: Sep 10, 2011 02:01
Sep 11, 2011 04:21
GUEST3686 Pork Skin? Is it edible?
Sep 15, 2011 23:59
  • PEGASUS
Pork skins are pieces of deep-fried pork skin. When added to oil they become like a puffed grain. They are popular snacks in the southern United States and Latin America.
Sep 16, 2011 02:44
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by PEGASUS

Pork skins are pieces of deep-fried pork skin. When added to oil they become like a puffed grain. They are popular snacks in the southern United States and Latin America.

Wow, you are very knowledgeable. I didn't eat it before. Does it taste very similar to fried chips?
Sep 17, 2011 04:19
Thank you guys. I just couldn't accept the pork skin no matter how it cooked. I sent them to my friend as gift.
Sep 20, 2011 17:30
  • PEGASUS
Thank you. I have been a vegetarian for years, so I cannot fully remember how it tastes. I think that the flavor of fried pork skin is more like bacon.
Sep 20, 2011 22:29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PEGASUS

Thank you. I have been a vegetarian for years, so I cannot fully remember how it tastes. I think that the flavor of fried pork skin is more like bacon.

Haha, I didn't have a chance to taste it. The pork skin just looks like fried chips. That's why I think they have similar taste.
Sep 22, 2011 06:57
  • ANUBIS
they are a latin america food, the only reason they are consumed in the southern united states is because there are so many mexicans living there. most americans don't eat them, i did once, i spit them out (with a vengence) and threw them away. they do Not taste like bacon!
Sep 22, 2011 20:56
Latin American food? Why do Filipinos love it very much? I regretted sending it to my friend. I should have tasted it. Next time I will ask my friend bring me some.
Post a Reply to: Pork Skin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code