Menu
How to get a Chinese motorbike license?
Sep 28, 2011 07:51
  • LAURENTCHINE
I'm thinking about getting a motorbike in Beijing (not an electric one). Does anybody know if I need a license for it? If so, how can I get it? Any idea?
Sep 28, 2011 21:27
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAURENTCHINE

I'm thinking about getting a motorbike in Beijing (not an electric one). Does anybody know if I need a license for it? If so, how can I get it? Any idea?

You need a driver license. This is for sure. I suggest you contact the local traffic management bureau for details.
http://www.bjjtgl.gov.cn/publish/portal1/tab191/
Sep 29, 2011 01:48
  • LAURENTCHINE
Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. My Chinese is not very good though, do you know of any agency that might provide assistance with this?
Sep 29, 2011 02:08
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAURENTCHINE

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look. My Chinese is not very good though, do you know of any agency that might provide assistance with this?

Sorry, I didn't know such an agency.
Jun 30, 2012 06:23
  • NATESIY
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

<br />
<br />
Sorry, I didn't know such an agency.

I'd have to check up the info for the agency. There was one a few years ago that was helping expats with this sort of thing, but i'm not sure if they're still in existence.

The problem with the motorbike license is that it only certifies you to ride legal motorcycles and if you're looking for regular bikes, ie. 500 - 1000cc bikes, they are all not legal in Beijing and many parts of China. You are allowed to ride the smaller 250cc or less scooters, but at that point, no one really even checks or cares if you have a license. It's the equivalent of an electric bike.

And you can also buy electric bikes here in China that go as fast as 125cc scooters. They don't require a license, and they're 100% legal anywhere in China.

Nathan
Jan 10, 2014 02:43
GUESTARK Hey there,I live in Ningbo,Zhejinag.I am planning to buy one Yamaha r1(1000cc sport-motorcycle)...Can anyone plz tell me if it is allowed to ride this kinda bike here in Ningbo...???
I need the information so badly...
Post a Reply to: How to get a Chinese motorbike license?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code