Menu
Simatai still closed?
Sep 29, 2011 22:34
  • OHLIUW
Is the Simatai portion of the wall still closed? If so, what would suggest instead - something less crowed and as spectacular?

Sep 29, 2011 22:41
GUEST2868 It was closed on June 17, 2010 for renovation. The whole project will take two years. So you'd better go to Jinshanling, Mutianyu, Gubeikou or other sections.

Check this page: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china_great_wall/
Oct 3, 2011 12:25
  • OHLIUW
Is the Jiankou section really that dangerous? From what I've read, I feel it'd be the best part to visit for me. I am quite energetic, but I will travel alone, so I am a bit worried about the warnings.

Thanks for your input :)
Oct 11, 2011 03:21
GUEST2014
Quote:

Originally Posted by OHLIUW

Is the Jiankou section really that dangerous? From what I've read, I feel it'd be the best part to visit for me. I am quite energetic, but I will travel alone, so I am a bit worried about the warnings.

Thanks for your input :)

Jiankou section is really wonderful but dangerous as well. I do not suggest you go there alone, especially you know little about it.
Nov 21, 2011 19:57
Even though Simatai is still closed you can walk from Jinshanling about half of the way to Simatai. Another option is to trek from Jinshanling to Gubeikou. Also a great walk on the Great Wall!
Post a Reply to: Simatai still closed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code