Menu
Spiced boiled eggs with tea leaves
Sep 30, 2011 04:31
  • XIAOXIAO
Ingredients: 15 eggs
Ingredients to make soup: 800ml water, 15 grams salt, 15 grams soy sauce, 15 grams sugar, 1 star aniseed, 7-8 Chinese prickly ash seeds, 15 grams rice wine, 2 piece ginger slices, 2 shallot sections and 1 tablespoon jasmine tea.

1 wash eggs, add 3 grams salt in cold water and then boil eggs for 2-3 minutes.
2 Put boiled eggs in cold water and then make holes on the eggs.
3 add 800ml water in boiler and put ginger, shallot, star aniseed, rice wine in and boiled with cover for 15 minutes.
4 Add salt, sugar and soy sauce to flavor the soup and then get rid of the residuals.
5 Put jasmine tea over the eggs and pour boiled soup in the bowl.
6 Soak boiled eggs in soup for one night.

Sep 30, 2011 04:33
  • XIAOXIAO

Photo Source: Bao Yu's blog.
http://sr007cn.blog.sohu.com/185656296.html

Oct 11, 2011 17:22
  • PEGASUS
Those are beautiful, and the blend of flavors sounds wonderful. I am definitely going to make these sometime soon! (Jasmine tea is probably my favorite tea of all. )
Oct 11, 2011 20:24
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by PEGASUS

Those are beautiful, and the blend of flavors sounds wonderful. I am definitely going to make these sometime soon! (Jasmine tea is probably my favorite tea of all. )

Haha, glad to know that you love it. I tried 茶叶蛋 before but I couldn't smell the scent of the tea leaves. It was all just about soy sauce.

Well, do not make a lot of 茶叶蛋 at a time. If you can not eat them immediately, chemical reaction occurs inside the eggs. Some material in the eggs may cause damage to your health.

By the way, we Chinese people call spiced boiled eggs with tea leaves “茶叶蛋" in Chinese.
Oct 12, 2011 12:22
  • PEGASUS
Hmm . . . When just drinking tea I normally use about a tablespoon of jasmine tea for 250 ml of water, so maybe it would help to increase the amount used for the egg bath. I will experiment with a small amount to make sure I do not eat too many.
Oct 12, 2011 20:51
  • XIAOXIAO
Tell us if you succeed, PEGASUS. I am waiting for your 茶叶蛋.
Post a Reply to: Spiced boiled eggs with tea leaves
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code