Menu
From Yichang to Chongqing by Hydrofoil
Oct 8, 2011 15:03
guest26160 Hi everyone,

I have many many questions to ask you all. = =;;

My friends and I are planning to go on the Yangtze trip by Hydrofoil. But few information about HF appears on the internet.

This is our paln.

-leave Zhangjiajie and arrive Yichang by train (arrive around 23.00)

1)Are there hostel or cheap hotel locating near the train station? and what's about the price?

2)Is it save enough for 3 female (for from train station to hotel) in late night in Yichang?

-catch the earliest HF to Badong and go on Shennong xi trip
then catch the HF to Wushan in the afternoon and sleep in Wushan.

1)Is it OK to buy HF ticket on the same day of journey?
(How long should we arrive the ticket office before the the boat leave? Is 1-2 hour before leaving enough? )

2)Are there any hostel or cheap hotel in Wushan recommended?

3)Is it too rush?
(If yes, we will skip Badong. Leaving Yichang in the morning for Wushan, and go on 3 little george trip in the afternoon. Sleep in Wushan and leave for wanzhou the next mornign.)

-go on 3 little george trip then catch HF to Wanzhou then take bus to Chongqing

Really thank to you.
Oct 8, 2011 20:30
GUESTDAVE I haven't heard about the Hydrofoil yet. Maybe you are talking about the cruise ship along the Yangtze River. If so, every cruise ship has its fixed itinerary and you'll stay overnight on the ship. There is no need to go ashore to find hotels. You may contact the cruise company or the travel agency ( http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cruise/ ) to book the cruise in advance.

There are cheap hotels or hostels near Yichang Railway station, price around rmb100 or even less. There should be no big safety problems, just take care of your belongings.
Nov 4, 2011 02:30
  • JIANGKUN
Hydrofoil is the best transportation between Yichang and Badong fast and exciting.(a little expensive).
Yes you can just sleep on board.
In trainstation ,care about your belongs.
welcome to my home Chongqing.you can connect me anytime.
Jan 2, 2012 20:50
  • JABAROOTOO
This is a late reply but there is quite a lot of information a bout the Hydrofoil posted by myself both here and on the www.CQexpat.com

there are always cheap hotel near the bus and train stations. I stayed in a nice one a few years ago. details here on the site.

If no reason to go to Yichang then I recommend going directly to Badong, do the Shennong Xi side trip and continue up to Cq on the hydrofoil to Wanzhou where you must then transfer to a bus. Tickets are sold on board and will take you to Chaotianmen where you'll be close to some of the downtown hostels and other cheap hotels or take the Light rail across town as far as Shapingba and bus or taxi to Ciqikou which also has a good hostel.

Welcome to CQ
Post a Reply to: From Yichang to Chongqing by Hydrofoil
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code