Menu
Does Ryan Giggs deserve the Gold Foot Award?
Oct 11, 2011 21:35
  • DREAMLIFE
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 4 vote(s)
  2. 3 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Ryan Giggs wins 2011 Gold Foot Award. You hear it rightly. It is Manchester United’s Ryan Giggs who wins the award. He will have a mold of his feet added to Monte Carlo's 'Champions Promenade' together with Roberto Baggio, Pavel Nedvěd, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Del Piero, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho and Totti.

It is really a great honor to win such an award. But do you think Ryan Giggs deserve the Gold Foot Award? Not long ago, he was in scandal of love affairs with several girls including his brother’s wife. In my view, I don’t think such a man can be awarded with this honor.

There are other nominees who are much more qualified to win the Gold Foot Award. Here are their names: David Beckham, Didier Drogba, Samuel Eto'o, Iker Casillas, Gianluigi Buffon, Javier Zanetti, Carles Puyol, Raul Gonzales and Xavi Hernandez.

Who do you think should have won the award?

Last edited by DREAMLIFE: Oct 11, 2011 21:36
Oct 12, 2011 21:37
He is talented in playing football. True! But how can a man who has affair with his brother's wife win such an honor? If he was sober, he should have declined to win the award because he doesn't deserve it.
Oct 14, 2011 01:23
  • LAUGH
He slept with his brother's wife. How dare he? Why not set up an award to choose the most notorious footballer in the world? I think that no one will compete with him. He is the winner, no doubted.
Oct 17, 2011 09:16
  • CARLOS
He is one of the greatest. His merits are incontrovertible. The only thing why he has never been nominated for the best player in the world is that he is welsh. If he were english he would have that award too.

And I am a fan of Liverpool FC which means that the ManU I hate most...

Carlos

Oct 18, 2011 01:21
  • JIMMYB
Carlos, I admit that he is very talented in playing football. But I don't like him. How could he cheat his little brother? It is disgusting!
Oct 19, 2011 12:27
  • CARLOS
I too don´t like him, Jimmy. I too think what he has lately done in his private life is totally inappropriate.

All I am saying that I think it is too soap opera to mix his or any one elses private life to some award. It was given for his achievements as a soccer player.

If he was given "The Greatest Bro"-award or "The Hero of the Respect-Your-Relatives-Day"-award, perhaps then I would stand up and shout.

Carlos
Oct 19, 2011 20:41
  • JIMMYB
Carlos, you came up with a good idea. If there are awards for Top 10 Disgusting Footballers, I am sure he is the winner.
Oct 20, 2011 12:26
  • CARLOS
Yea, then he gets my vote too.

Carlos
Oct 22, 2011 03:55
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS View Post

Yea, then he gets my vote too.

Carlos

My vote too. It is said that he might play at the London Olympics. Cool! Then the people from the world have a chance to see him in person.
Oct 25, 2011 04:35
GUEST6223 Why can't he just retire? It is a shame that Manchester United still keeps him.
Dec 9, 2011 21:22
GUEST2347 I admit that he is a good footall player on the pitch. No doubt! But he is not a good man.

England wants him to make contribution so that he might be recruited to play at the London Olympics.

In a word, he is a talented footballer but a bad man.
Post a Reply to: Does Ryan Giggs deserve the Gold Foot Award?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code