Menu
Occupy Wall Street Movement in the US
Oct 15, 2011 01:52
  • JIMMYB
I just learned about Occupy Wall Street Movement from the US and Chinese media. The demonstration started on Sep. 17 and has attracted a lot of protesters. I was told that some protesters had been arrested because of the demonstration. I am a Chinese. Honestly, I don’t know why the protest occurred.

"Occupy Wall Street is leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We are the 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%. We are using the revolutionary Arab Spring tactic to achieve our ends and encourage the use of nonviolence to maximize the safety of all participants”, according to the occupywallst.org,

Is it the real cause of the protest? I just want to hear what the Americans think about Occupy Wall Street Movement. Do you think the movement will be successful and finally fulfill its ends?
Oct 17, 2011 22:01
  • LARRYBOY
I dont know if it will be successful but one thing is for sure there has been a birth of a movement. Lies greed and corruption are at the top of the agenda. People are beginning to stand up and not take it anymore,, and its spreading around the world,, not just here in the US. This is not just an American crisis,, this is world wide, and it started in Europe first!
Last edited by LARRYBOY: Oct 17, 2011 22:04
Oct 17, 2011 23:17
  • RAINDROP
Larry, have you participated in the protest?
Oct 22, 2011 03:50
  • KEVIN0518
British people start to occupy London now.
Oct 25, 2011 22:58
Occupy Wall Street, Occupy London.... The situation is getting worse. How do the governments react to the movements?
Nov 26, 2011 01:51
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVATAR

Occupy Wall Street, Occupy London.... The situation is getting worse. How do the governments react to the movements?

They just figured out how to suppress them. The movement is doomed to fail. I just want to know who just protest on the streets. They claim that they are 99 percent but why more and more people stand out to support them?
Post a Reply to: Occupy Wall Street Movement in the US
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code