Menu
Should China give a hand to the EU?
Dec 13, 2011 03:00
  • RAINDROP
China has its own business to take care of. Its RMB has weakened against USD. Why did it happen?
Dec 13, 2011 03:19
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAINDROP

China has its own business to take care of. Its RMB has weakened against USD. Why did it happen?

It is intentional. In order to make Chinese exports more competitive.
Dec 17, 2011 02:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Really? I doubt about it.
Jan 20, 2012 07:36
  • 11PARKJJ2
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Really? I doubt about it.

I personally think that Bobert is correct. It would not be in China's favor for the Chinese Yen to be as strong as the US Dollars, mainly because of exporting factors. However, reading the previous posts, I acknowledge the fact that China's economic growth is slowing down, a fact that can not be disregarded. However I would like to remind the people on this forum that the Chinese government sets a national GDP growth of 8%, a significantly higher value than that of other countries. Therefore China's immense growth can neither be disregarded. Because of China's dependency on foreign exports to other countries, of which its largest exporter and economic partner is the US, it would be greatly unwise for the Chinese to have a strong currency against the US. However the possibility of China, reverting from an exporting economy, into a sustainable economic growth, can not be ruled out, and at this point China would possibly be able to bypass the US economy.

With the matter of the China helping the EU, I believe that it would be in favor of China AND the EU for mutual assistance. This surely does not mean that China will be lending money at extremely high interest rates with a short payback roll date, but instead a long term mutual interest rates with a long payback period, may boost the European economy, which in turn will boost the Chinese economy, will be more ideal and favorable.
Jan 20, 2012 21:45
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

<br />
<br />

Bobert, China's economy relies a lot on its export. It does nothing wrong to maintain its economy growth.

The USA urges Chinese Yuan to appreciate because it suffers trade deficit. The USA has to import things from China and any other undeveloped countries. If Yuan appreciates too quickly, the export cooperations will die. It is ok for the USA to import from other countries. But it is no good to China's economy.

Don't blame China for the economic problems in the USA. Here is a good way to stimiluate the USA economy, that is, produce original imported things on its own. It can create more job opportunities and change the situation that the USA relies too much on import.
Last edited by RAINDROP: Jan 20, 2012 21:51
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Should China give a hand to the EU?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code