Menu
are egg rolls chinese
Nov 6, 2011 08:22
  • ANUBIS
recently i was talking to some hispanics i work with and was told by them that the burrito is an american food; that you wont find it in mexico. so last night went to a mexican restaurant and asked them and they confirmed that it was an american food and you don't see burritos in mexico. when i was in china this past september, i noticed that i never saw any eggrolls. so, are they an american invention made by a chinese american? every chinese restaurant in america has them, but then again the chinese food here is not like the food in china.
Nov 6, 2011 20:18
GUESTLEO There are many kinds of egg rolls. Do you have a pic of the mentioned ones?
Nov 16, 2011 21:49
  • KEVIN0518
I prefer this kind of eggrolls made by Lijibingjia in Macau. All eggrolls are hand-made.

Nov 26, 2011 13:39
  • JOEC10
What we in America call egg rolls are an invention of Chinese American restaurants. In China they are called spring rolls. The ingredients are different and while the egg roll is quite large, spring rolls are generally smaller, slimmer and more delicate. The wrapper is much crispier than what we know in the US.

There are also differences in the filling. Spring rolls have lots of bean sprouts and egg rolls have cabbage. I like both kinds very much. I like to make my "egg rolls" in the spring roll wrapper and keep them smaller, but that's just me.
Nov 28, 2011 21:54
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEC10 View Post

What we in America call egg rolls are an invention of Chinese American restaurants. In China they are called spring rolls. The ingredients are different and while the egg roll is quite large, spring rolls are generally smaller, slimmer and more delicate. The wrapper is much crispier than what we know in the US.

There are a...

Joe, this is spring roll, right? Can you show me a photo of egg roll? I want to know the difference.

Dec 19, 2011 04:48
  • ALLENKING
spring rolls was completly difference with the egg rolls in china.
spring rolls was made by fried and was salty... ,and the egg rolls was by roast,sweet
Dec 20, 2011 03:19
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALLENKING

spring rolls was completly difference with the egg rolls in china.
spring rolls was made by fried and was salty... ,and the egg rolls was by roast,sweet

Actually you can use different fillings to make Spring Roll. I prefer to eat Spring Roll with sweet bean paste.
Post a Reply to: are egg rolls chinese
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code