Menu
DO THEY HAVE THE FLEW (flu)?
Nov 18, 2011 06:12
  • ANUBIS
i visited china this past september, shanghai, xian, and when i got to llasha, there weren't many insects about. in the u.s. if you a leave a light on outside it attracts a multitude of bugs...but i noticed the lack thereof. when we left there to cruise the yangtze for three days through the gorges...there were hardly any birds...in that kind of enviroment?...woods-water...perfect habitat...where were the arial inhabitants??...which brings me to my question...WHY DOESN'T CHINA HAVE ANY BIRDS?...ok a few but not many!
Nov 19, 2011 02:49
  • CHERRY07
It is too noisy in cities. I am a local in Xian. It is difficult to find birds on the streets. But I have seen birds in the sky and on college campus.
Nov 19, 2011 06:40
  • ANUBIS
although Chicago may not be big by Chinese standards...it still has over a million people. go downtown to where the skyscrapers are and you still find a multitude of birds...i see more birds in my backyard in a day than i did in 2 1/2 weeks in china...but why not along the three gorges from chongqing to the dam?...i was wondering if they use a pesticide to keep the bugs down thereby eliminating the food source for our fine feathered friends...just curious
Nov 21, 2011 20:54
  • CHERRY07
i was wondering if they use a pesticide to keep the bugs down thereby eliminating the food source for our fine feathered friends...just curious

No, no, no. At least, I don't see the pesticide was used to kill the bugs in where I live. Our life has frightened the birds. You can't imagine how noisy it is. I live beside a road. When I moved there, I even couldn't fall into sleep. And I have to wipe my desk everyday because the dust is everywhere. The pollution is serious.

The condition in college is better. It is not as noisy as streets. That's why I see many birds.
Post a Reply to: DO THEY HAVE THE FLEW (flu)?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code