Menu
Steamed Chinese Cabbage in Supreme Soup
Nov 19, 2011 01:23
  • CHERRY07
This dish looks very simple but tastes very well. It is said that Kai Shui Bai Cai (steamed hinese cabbage in supreme Soup) is included in the state banquet.

Don’t think that it is easy to cook it. Premier Zhou Enlai once feasted a very important Japanese guest to on Shui Zhu Bai Cai. The dish was served as the last one. The guest had no interest in it but Premier Zhou suggested she should give it a try. Then the guest tasted it with her spoon. Suddenly, she shouted “It is good! Very delicious!” and then ate it up.

Kaishui means boiled water in Chinese. But this dish is not just cooked in boiled water. And you needn’t use the whole cabbage. The core of the cabbage is the most important ingredient.

To make “Kai Shui”, you have to prepare an old hen, an old mother duck, the hooves of the Xuanwei ham (a famous brand in Yunnan), pork ribs and dried scallop.

1 Quick-boil old hen, old mother duck and pork ribs in boiling water to remove blood and then put them with other ingredients in a soup pan, add enough water, ginger and spring onion and then heat until boiling, get rid of the scum and add cooking wine in the pan. Simmer with gentle heat for at least four hours.

2 Beat chicken breast with the back of the knife, add cold boiled “Kai Shui” and mix it very well. Then add the mixture into the boiling soup and you will see the beaten chicken breast absorb the residues. Do it two or three times and the soup turns crystal.

Nov 19, 2011 01:34
  • CHERRY07
Then you can pour boiling soup on the heart of the cabbage over and over again until it is cooked.

The soup looks like the boiled water but tastes very well.
Nov 26, 2011 01:57
  • KEVIN0518
Thanks. I saw this dish but I didn't eat it because it looked too simple. After reading our introduction, I know that it is difficult to make it.
Post a Reply to: Steamed Chinese Cabbage in Supreme Soup
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code