Menu
Rail travel to China
Nov 22, 2011 10:13
  • ZABOLSH
Hi. I am a new member on here and have become more interested in China recently, so much that I am contemplating on travelling to china on a short visit. I'd like to travel by rail as i prefer rail travel where you can meet many people and new friends on the journey. I live in London so it will be a long trip overland. Has anyone any tips and ideas on making it a true adventure and trip of a lifelime. Thanks
Nov 22, 2011 20:15
Rail travel is very interesting experience in China, you can meet a lot of people, make new friends on the train, that is all very nice, but sometimes it is very difficult to get the train tickets, if you go to the train station ticket office to buy tickets by yourself, for most of the times, you can not get train tickets, because most of the sleeper train tickets has already been taken away by those travel companies, so if you want to guarantee you can have a smooth journey in China by train, you must get the help from travel companies to book the train tickets through them beforehand, otherwise that will be very big headache thing for you.
Nov 23, 2011 02:57
  • ZABOLSH
Thanks for the reply. I see, very interesting. I would need to book tickets here in London first it seems. I remember a similar thing when travelling to Moscow years ago. What about once I am in China? Is it easy to buy rail tickets for short day only travel on trains?
Post a Reply to: Rail travel to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code