Menu
Does Chinese still love Chairman Mao now?
Nov 24, 2011 00:50
Time is changing, Mao's time is passed away, for most of young people in China, how many of them still love Chairman Mao?
Nov 24, 2011 07:51
  • ANUBIS
when i returned from china a couple of months ago to the u.s., i brought some currency back with me. as you may know chairman mao's picture is on the bills. i thought it would be funny to attempt to pay for my bill with chinese currency. the people working at the restaurant didn't even know who chairman mao was! talk about losing the knowledge of their culture.
Nov 24, 2011 21:20
  • LAUGH
ANUBIS, I am sure that there are more Americans who do not know the man printed on the dollars because it is very difficult for them to remember so many faces on different dollars.
Nov 25, 2011 08:56
  • ANUBIS
on the 1 yen note along with the 5,10,20 and 100 note in chinese currency there is only one person, and that would be...chairman mao...by the way when i showed her my patch of tibet on my jacket...she said she had never heard of tibet...c'mon tibet has been part of china for how many decades now...talk about losing their identity
Nov 25, 2011 19:23
  • LAUGH
ANUBIS,

Where does he work? I mean where the restaurant is.
Nov 26, 2011 01:52
  • KMGUIDE
Younger generations love KFC, Korean trend instead of Mao...
Nov 26, 2011 07:12
  • ANUBIS
the restaurant is in iowa in the united states...but i don't mean to stray from the original topic...since i too am interested in the reply from those living in china

"Does Chinese still love Chairman Mao now?
Time is changing, Mao's time is passed away, for most of young people in China, how many of them still love Chairman Mao?"
Nov 29, 2011 02:39
  • LAUGH
Anubis, forgive me that I have some more questions. Is he an ABC?

I love Chairman Mao. The new China has been founded under his leadership. He has contributed very much to China.

If you go to Tiananmen Square in Beijing, you will see that hundreds of visitors go to visit the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall. They respect Chairman Mao so that they come to see him.
Dec 4, 2011 08:31
  • ANUBIS
the person that waited on me was pretty fluent in english and understood me perfectly...that said...we do have many hispanics in this country who don't speak english (nor do they have any desire to) and are here illegally...the last estimate i heard was about 12 million and our government does little to stop the illegals from crossing the border into this country...since they come from poor countries (mexico, honduras and other central american countries) they are willing to work for less increasing the unemployment rate higher...they know virtually nothing of their own country (the place i work at employs about 2,000 people- around 400 or so are hispanic)...one of their main holidays is cinco di mayo...most don't know the reason they celebrate it (i asked around), they don't know where belize is at (one of two countrys that border their own country to the south), they have never heard of chichen itza (one of the new 7 wonders of the world located in their country)- it would be like a chinese person never hearing of the great wall...then a trick question...what's the capital of mexico city (mexico city is the capital) most of the mexicans working where i'm at know none of this...i think in about three to four generations america will become a third world country...all china has to do is wait paitently...and they will easily become the number one super power of the world
Dec 6, 2011 22:03
  • LAUGH
ANUBIS,

Poor people never went to school. In some countryside areas of China, the people have no TV set or radio. They have never been to the outside world. And they of course do not know the Great Wall.

I think China won't replace the US to be the super power in a short time.
Dec 7, 2011 05:59
GUEST31188 IMO, China hesitates taking a number 1 position, because it involves assuming multiple universal responsibilities.

For example: while US went broke fighting two major wars and 1 miniwar, for unknown reasons (one reason is to secure the supply of oil), China has become richer, sharing none of the expenses of those wars, but enjoying the benefits.

My logic and way of expression may not be so diplomatically polished, but it's true.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Does Chinese still love Chairman Mao now?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code