Menu
Do you agree to rebuild the Yuanmingyuan Garden?
Nov 24, 2011 01:37
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 18 vote(s)
  2. 43 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
Asource says that someone has suggested Beijing government should rebuild the Yuanmingyuan Garden. However, it is just a suggestion because no more details has been disclosed.

Actually, Xu Wenrong, a successful businessman, also planned to rebuild the Yuanmingyuan Garden. Well, he didn’t plan to rebuild in Beijing. Instead, he dreamt of rebuilding the Yuanmingyuan Theme Park in Hengdian famed as the Oriental Hollywood.

Unfortunately, his plan didn’t win applause. The public thought he just did it just for business purpose. But he still insisted rebuilding the Yuanmingyuan Garden. The project began on Feb. 18, 2008. However, it was stopped in 2009 because the land was gained illegally.

The businessman just planned to rebuild a copy of the Yuanmingyuan Garden but failed. This time, someone suggested rebuilding the Yuanmingyuan Garden in Beijing. Do you think it is a good idea?
Nov 24, 2011 21:32
  • LAUGH
Why do we have to rebuild the Yuanmingyuan Garden? Do you ever see the Colosseum is rebuilt? It is stupid to make so many replicas.

The remains of the Yuanmingyuan Garden reminds all Chinese of its history.
Nov 25, 2011 21:37
  • SUNNYDREAM
I have seen too many man-made attractions. Please do not try to destroy the remains.
Dec 4, 2011 21:43
GUEST18799 I would not want to have it all rebuilt, but I think rebuilding part of it to show its former glory to show what was lost by the western powers pillaging would be instructive. Perhaps the some of the garden might be the best way to do it since that part probably wasn't pillaged much in the first place, but probably let fall into disrepair.
Dec 6, 2011 06:32
  • NBBBFLY
I think it is not necessary to rebuild the yuanmingyuan Garden,we can remember his history when I see the old view,it will be a mordern building and it will lose his meaning if we rebuilt it;
Post a Reply to: Do you agree to rebuild the Yuanmingyuan Garden?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code