US Citizen working in China - Request Taxation advice
Dec 7, 2011 04:18
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Dec 7, 2011
  • Status: offline

We are placing a US Citizen with a Chinese company.

The candidate is currently working in China for a subsidiary of a US company. He is being paid in USD.

The candidate is now being placed a Business Head / General Manager with a Chinese company, and he would hence be paid in RMB. Annual Salary should be around RMB 750K.

Please advise if he would have to pay taxes in both China and US, and if so how do we structure the compensation to minimise his tax outflow.

Need urgent help on this please. Thank you.

Best regards,

Deepu Antony
Dec 8, 2011 06:44
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Dec 6, 2011
  • Status: Offline
he must declear individual income tax to local bureau every based on foreigners policy.and other piont he need to declare tax in the end of year because his annual salary over 120k.
Dec 8, 2011 12:10
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
  • Status: Offline
Would it be better to continue his employment in the US and second him to China with an allowance? I suggest you ask again in a site specialising in expat matters as you will find more expertise there.
Post a Reply to: US Citizen working in China - Request Taxation advice
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code