Menu
forbidden city
Dec 10, 2011 10:06
  • ANUBIS
this past september i toured the forbidden city and the great wall...i collect rocks from the various countries i visit and picked up a couple of rocks from the forbidden city and the wall...i was wondering if anyone could identify them...(sorry no pic)...from the forbidden city- the courtyard of the forbidden city's floor is covered with some type of grey tile...is this a man-made type of brick or is it something like shale?...the great wall has the same type of covering on the steps...although both are the same grey color...the rock from the forbidden city seems more pourous while the rock from the great wall appears to be more layered...possibly due to the age...any suggestions on what they may be?
Dec 12, 2011 21:25
GUEST23445 How did you bring the tiles or rocks out of the Forbidden City? They are cultural relics.
Dec 13, 2011 07:37
  • ANUBIS
look...they are not the original stones from when it was first built...they are not relics...they are recent additions
Dec 13, 2011 19:27
GUEST23445
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANUBIS

look...they are not the original stones from when it was first built...they are not relics...they are recent additions

How did you know? I am surprised that you took the tiles and rocks out of the Forbidden City. No matter they are cultural relics or not, you shouldn't have teaken them out of the Forbidden City.
Dec 13, 2011 20:28
GUEST31188 I've heard that nobody has a permission to take any stones or rocks from the great wall. It's a punishable criminal offense.
Post a Reply to: forbidden city
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code