Menu
Train from guilin to luoping
Dec 14, 2011 11:05
Hi There,
I am touching down in guilin and would like to take the train to luoping.
which guilin railway station should i go to? is it the north?

is it easy to get hard sleeper train ticket to luoping on the same day of travel?

how do i get from guilin airport to the train station?

many thanks
Dec 14, 2011 20:27
GUEST4790
Quote:

Originally Posted by CECILIA_CHEAH View Post

Hi There,
I am touching down in guilin and would like to take the train to luoping.
which guilin railway station should i go to? is it the north?

is it easy to get hard sleeper train ticket to luoping on the same day of travel?

how do i get from guilin airport to the train station?[huanh...

There are two trains. K393 leaves at Guilin Railway Station and K181, Guilin North Railway Station.

I suggest you take K393 because it starts at Guilin North Railway Station and passes by Guilin Railway Station. Better take the train at the North Railway Station.

I am not sure if you can get the hard sleeper ticket on the same day of travel. I suggest you buy it in advance. If you can not handle it, find an agency or hotel to do it for you. You need to pay extra money to them.

Take airport shuttle bus from the airport to Minhang Mansion in downtown area. Then you can take a taxi to north railway station. The shuttle bus departs every 0.5 hour from 06:00 to 21:00.

Remember that K393 leaves at 16:30. You also can take taxi from the airport to north railway station. It costs around CNY150 and takes about 1 hour.
Dec 15, 2011 09:51
hi there
but i see K393 leaves from guilin south and k181 from guilin north.
so is it better to take train from guilin north and take K181? is it easier to secure ticket here?
Dec 15, 2011 19:22
GUEST5679
Quote:

Originally Posted by CECILIA_CHEAH

hi there
but i see K393 leaves from guilin south and k181 from guilin north.
so is it better to take train from guilin north and take K181? is it easier to secure ticket here?

Where did you get the info? K393 departs at Guilin North Station. K181 just passes by Guilin North. It is easier to buy a ticket at the first station.
Dec 15, 2011 22:45
hi someone gave me this info here - http://www.chinatraveldepot.com/ChinaTrains/Trains-From-Guilin-To-Luoping-c939s2397.html

saying that K393 and K181 both departs from guilin north.
so once i touch down from airport, i take the airport shuttle to guilin railway station, and then change another bus or taxi to guilin north? easier to get ticket at guilin north?

thanks
Dec 16, 2011 00:15
GUEST2479
Quote:

Originally Posted by CECILIA_CHEAH View Post

hi someone gave me this info here - http://www.chinatraveldepot.com/ChinaTrains/Trains-From-Guilin-To-Luoping-c939s2397.html

saying that K393 and K181 both departs from guilin north.
so once i touch down from airport, i take the airport shuttle to guilin railway station, and then change another bus or taxi to guilin n...

I checked the schedule on three websites. It all tells that K181 passes by and stops at Guilin North Railway Station. In other words, Guilin North is not the first station where the K181 departs. But Guilin North is the first station of K393.

You can decide to take which train.
Dec 21, 2011 01:04
ok tks so much. means K393 originates from guilin north. is K181 originates from guilin south? thanks
Dec 21, 2011 01:23
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

ok tks so much. means K393 originates from guilin north. is K181 originates from guilin south? thanks

K393 originates from Guilin North. K181 originates from Shanghai South and just passes by Guilin North. But they both finally arrive at Kunming.
Dec 21, 2011 12:27
tks Jimmyb, i guess it's easier to get ticket for travel on the same day at guilin north, which is K393, do you think so?
Dec 21, 2011 20:22
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

tks Jimmyb, i guess it's easier to get ticket for travel on the same day at guilin north, which is K393, do you think so?

Sorry, I suggest you buy it in advance. Don't let the train ticket affect your itinerary.
Dec 21, 2011 22:36
tks jimmyb, it's a bit difficult for me to buy in advance..it's ok, we will think of something. what about the bus? will there be bus departing from train station or bus station to luoping?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Train from guilin to luoping
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code