Menu
Moving all my things to another city
Dec 18, 2011 16:07
guest17199 I'm planning to move from Beijing to Xiamen and have quite a lot of things that I would like to keep (mostly clothes and books). However, it would be too much to carry them in my suitcase.

What are convenient ways to bring my things from one city to another?
Dec 18, 2011 19:55
GUESTDAVE You can post the things from Beijing to Xiamen. But you need a postal destination. You can use those express delivery companies, which is expensive but fast. If you want to save money and you are not in a hurry to receive them, you can use the normal parcel postal service offered by China Post.
I do this a lot, posting things from my hometown to my working city or from my working city to my hometown.
Dec 20, 2011 11:47
GUESTGUEST17199 Thanks for the info.

Around how much would it cost to send a 30kg box to Xiamen on express delivery and on normal postal service?
For the normal postal service, approximately how long would it take to deliver?
Dec 20, 2011 20:00
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTGUEST17199

Thanks for the info.

Around how much would it cost to send a 30kg box to Xiamen on express delivery and on normal postal service?
For the normal postal service, approximately how long would it take to deliver?

Normal postal service: about CNY 127 excluding the box and wrapping fee. It usually takes 3-15 days to receive the package.

Express delivery: about CNY 175 excluding the box and wrapping fee. I am not sure how long it takes. But it definitely take less time than the normal postal service.

EMS: it costs more than CNY 500. But it just takes 3-4 days.

PS: If you want to insure your parcle, you have to pay more money.
Jun 8, 2012 03:43
  • BRIANBOAT2
Would like to relocate to Xiamen or it's vicinity, what are the average costs of 2/3 bedroom appartments, new and used. Is there a website i can look at.
Many thanks.
B. J. Luckett.
Post a Reply to: Moving all my things to another city
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code