Menu
Guangzhou-Shenzhen High speed rail opened on Dec. 26
Dec 26, 2011 02:24
  • MJ1985
Guangzhou-Shenzhen High speed rail has been opened on Dec.26. This rail starts from the Guangzhou South Railway Station and stops at Shenzhen North Railway Station, passing through three railway stations including Qingsheng, Humen and Guangmingcheng At the beginning of its operation, the speed will be limited to 300 k/h. It takes about 35 minutes from Guangzhou South Railway Station to Shenzhen South Railway Station. The ticket prices are CNY 100 for the first class seats and CNY 75 for the second class seats.

Starting from Shenzhen North Railway Station, the Shenzhen-Guangzhou high-speed railway connects Wuhan and Beijing via Guangzhou to the north, Hong Kong to the south, and Xiamen, Shanghai and other big cities to the east. In the future, it will connect Maoming and Zhanjiang.

Currently, passengers who plan to take high speed trains from Shenzhen to Changsha, Wuhan and other destinations will have to transfer at Guangzhou South Railway Station first and then take Guangzhou-Wuhan high-speed railway to reach their destinations. It is still unknown when high speed trains will run directly to Shenzhen North Railway Station through the new line.

The section from Shenzhen to Hong Kong is currently under construction. The project will be finished by the end of 2015. By then, it just takes about 20 minutes if Shenzhen people go to Kowloon by high speed train.
Jan 1, 2012 11:36
  • MIKE8819
Hi,

I am looking to take this train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou during CNY.

Can you enlighten me, which is the nearest station I should go (in Luo-Hu area Shenzhen) to take this train?

Also, ways of getting this train tickets? Have to go personally or through on-line etc?

Thanks.
Jan 1, 2012 21:49
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIKE8819 View Post

Hi,

I am looking to take this train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou during CNY.

Can you enlighten me, which is the nearest station I should go (in Luo-Hu area Shenzhen) to take this train?

Also, ways of getting this train tickets? Have to go personally or through on-line etc?
[huan...

There are two kinds of bullet train from Shenzhen to Guangzhou; D trains and G trains.
The D trains depart from Shenzhen railway station, also called Luohu railway station and the duration time is about one hour. The G trains depart from shenzhen North railway station and the duration time is about 35-45 minutes.
You can buy the ticket on-line, through phone or from the railway station or ticket windows.
Feb 6, 2013 15:17
GUESTRODGER Can anyone suggest a hotel near the High Speed Train Station to Changsha leaving from Shenzhen?
Feb 6, 2013 20:39
GUEST4433
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTRODGER

Can anyone suggest a hotel near the High Speed Train Station to Changsha leaving from Shenzhen?

There is a 7-Day Inn located near the Shenzhen North Railway station. It is located on Mintang Road.
Post a Reply to: Guangzhou-Shenzhen High speed rail opened on Dec. 26
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code