Menu
Booking Day Tours
Apr 14, 2005 21:09
  • AMART
I am going to Beijing, Xian and Shanghai in mid August. I would like to know if it is easy to book day tours from the hotels/local tour shops - or am I better off pre-booking tours though my travel agent before I leave.

I have been through SE Asia and have always booked my tours once I get there. I have always found it easy and cheaper - is it the same in China?

Also, I prefer private tours (i.e. a private car with english guide) rather than a tour bus, do they have these in China? If so what would be the approximate price, I am used to say $AU80 per day.
Apr 15, 2005 11:21
  • PEPPERMINT
In Xi'an at least this is possible. The price of USD80 is ok in Xi'an.
Jun 9, 2005 21:41
  • BARI
Suzhou is 60$ one day
Jun 17, 2005 22:01
  • CHERRYLIU
hi, i live in shanghai, have been private guide before, and know shanghai very well. if you like a free tour,go to the place you are interested most, and eat the shanghai local food, and experience the shanghai modern lifestyle...please contact me, we can design a plan together! my name is cherry,and email:hotmail.com|cherryfuli
Jul 11, 2005 23:04
  • ABBY
Hi Cherry,

I'm planning to visit Shanghai in Sept with my husband. As u live in Shanghai, can u advise what would be a recommended hotels to stay in the city centre? A clean, decent hotel which range from 3-4 star? How many days would u recommend to stay in Shanghai only?
Thanks.

Abby :)
Jul 12, 2005 10:46
  • CATHERINE
3 days in Shanghai is enough, one day tour inside the city, one day trip to one of the water towns nearby, and one day explore the city and wander around.
Post a Reply to: Booking Day Tours
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code