Menu
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Harbin?
Jan 25, 2012 01:58
guestDavid Hi everybody,

I am moving to Harbin to teach soon and was wanting to continue training. Is there a gym that trains Brazilian jiujitsu or anything similar?

I know there are a lot of Shaolin or Kung fu places but was looking to continue grappling.

Thanks a lot!

David.
Jan 29, 2012 02:29
GUEST89003 Brazilian jiujitsu? Is it similar to Judo? I found there was a place called Harbin Judo Union located at No.1 Dacheng Street, Judo Gym of Provincial Sports School.
Jan 29, 2012 23:09
GUESTDAVID Hey thanks for the reply.

It is a little similar to Judo. It's mainly wrestling and submissions. I can't seem to find anything online so far.
Feb 11, 2012 08:20
GUEST71073 David, I am also moving to Harbin and looking for a BJJ place. Our company has been here for the last 3 yrs so I will ask them to ask around for us. Shoot me an email and we can Geo a drink and compare notes. yahoo.com|jonessj_59

Sean
Feb 12, 2015 04:40
GUEST47244 Hi,
I am also going to be teaching in Harbin soon and want to continue training jiujitsu... did you have any luck finding a gym?
Sep 21, 2016 14:42
GUEST20470 Do you know a club of bjj near harbin ?
Jan 21, 2017 16:11
GUESTUPPEREA... No such thing as "Brazil" jiujitsu. Its just jiujitsu. It didnt start in Brazil. It was founded in Japan. Shameless Brazilians trying to attach themselves with this great martial art.
Jan 23, 2017 22:57
GUESTDAVE Hi everyone, I haven't been on here since I posted about finding a gym in Jan 2011.

Thought I'd add my experience in finding a gym in Harbin.

I found a gym near my apartment complex on a busy street. XinYang Road 道里区新阳路500-11号. It's called Longyun MMA Gym.

It was a MMA gym that had a mini cage and pro MMA fighters that trained there. The head trainer was in his late 40's and still fought!

I went with my friend, an English teacher who spoke good Mandarin and he got us started there. I don't think I could have done it without him as no one there spoke English.

I was only interested in doing BJJ and grappling so I only turned up the days they did that. The gym was fine, the classes were fine but the warm ups were tedious and very long. It consisted of shadowboxing in the mirror for sometimes up to 45mins...

Since I was a beginner I found the other guys there pretty tough.

I recommend this gym if you are serious about MMA training. Being a little experienced may be better as well.

All the best.
Post a Reply to: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in Harbin?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code