Menu
Looking for travel partner
Apr 16, 2005 03:14
  • REPE
Hi

I? looking for travel partner to explore the great country of China. I? come from Finland to Shanghai 27.7 and i? going to travel for a month. I need to leave on 23.8 from Shanghai. I haven? thought which cities I? going to travel, but Hong Kong, Huongshang, Zhengzhou, Luoyang... sounds very interesting. I have think that it would be great to visit 6-9 cities.
If somebody is going to travel China at the same time and is looking for travel partner, please would you contact me: suomi24.fi|filmer
I? going to China with budget, so it would be budget-travelling (eating like the locals, sleaping in hostels, guesthouses, cheap hotels.., travelling with trains or busses), but the main thing is to see China.

I couln? find any travel partners in Finland, so maybe I could find here. I speak Finnish, English and Swedish.

Apr 16, 2005 10:10
  • VIATURATI3
Hhhhhmmmmmm, do you wanna do a research about Beijing, Kashgar and Xi'an then join us?
We will mainly go to these cities with some other short stopps on the way.
2 Chinese, 1 Briton, 1 Canadian and maybe 1 Swede.

cheers,
yan
Apr 17, 2005 01:12
  • REPE
Kashgar? What is in Kashgar?
I have already been in Beijing, but the city is so great that I might go there a second time. Then I could meet the Chinese guy who showed the city when I was there.
So when you are starting your trip? And when does it ends? And how old are you? Are you thinking of visiting Henan province? There is the famous Shaolin temple.
Apr 17, 2005 10:21
  • VIATURATI3
Kashgar is the western most city in China, it is mostly muslim culture that we want to see. It would be totally different from all we have known about China.
I dont know when we will start yet =P because my friend doesnt know when he has his holidays. But it would be in July and August for sure and last 4-5 weeks.
I have already been to Henan but since we are starting from Guangzhou to Beijing, we would like to make a stop in Zhengzhou to avoid the 30 hours straight train ride.
Me, Chinese, F, 22 y-o.

cheers,
yan
Apr 18, 2005 18:49
  • REPE
I don? know about visiting Kashgar because it is so far away. But I would like to join with you and see at least Xi'an and Beijing. What kind of accommodation you have thought?
By the way, Shaolin Temple is near Zhengzhou.

- Reijo

Apr 18, 2005 20:17
  • VIATURATI3
I have been to Zhengzhou but did not go to Shaolin Temple. It was because the monks went to Europe for a show-biz trip (... I know...) at that time.
We will travel on a tight budget too. So guesthouses and hostels will be our choice and I will do a precise research before we go.

cheers,
yan

btw, the last time I was travelling around China for 3 weeks spending 2,000 yuan.
Apr 18, 2005 21:07
  • REPE
"btw, the last time I was travelling around China for 3 weeks spending 2,000 yuan."

Vau, that? great. Did you visit many provinces?
I? wondering do you speak mandarin language? In Guangzhou people speak cantonese, am I right?
Apr 19, 2005 00:09
  • VIATURATI3
I started from Nanning, then I went to Zhengzhou, Kaifeng, Lanzhou, Xiahe, Xining, the Qinghai lake, Yinchuan, Xi'an, Chengdu, Lijiang and Kunming. Taking over night trains saved a lot of money for us and we were lucky to do some hitchhiking.
The main reason is that everything was cheap in the Northwest. I think the price has gone up since then but it would still be much cheaper than the East.
Yes I speak Mandarin, I do not speak Cantonese. I'm originally from Guangxi.

cheers,
yan
Apr 22, 2005 16:24
  • REPE
Could you give me your email address?
Apr 22, 2005 16:55
  • VIATURATI3
Hi! My email address is 163.com|viaturati3 and my bf's email/msn is yahoo.ca|luckylevitt.

cheers,
yan
Apr 27, 2005 15:50
  • MYLU
Maybe Chongqing could be one of your options....I may not be able to travel with you, but I can show you around in Chongqing...write me if you're interested in this: 263.net|mylu

Chongqing is a city with full of hot stuff, especially hot food and hot girls..hehe..

By the way, my name's Jessie...hehe...Have a nice trip to China.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Looking for travel partner
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code