Menu
Hotel near Teem Plaza
Apr 16, 2005 10:15
I am going to Guangzhou in May. I am looking for a cheap hotel near Teem plaza.I will stay overnight, then heading to Huaihua city.
How could I reach train station from hotel?
I have been told that it takes 17/18 hours from Guangzhou to Huaihua, I check the map and wondering why it takes so long.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Yandy
Apr 16, 2005 11:40
  • VIATURATI3
I wonder if you can find cheap hotels near Teem Plaza. The area is expeeeensiiiive. You can try go down huan shi dong lu, could find something on the way.
If you do stay near the Teem plaza there are always loads of buses going to the trainstation.
The fastest train from Guangzhou to Huaihua takes 13h40m, leaving Guangzhou at 1030am, arriving at midnight. There are also other lower ones but with better timing.
And if you dont mind you can stay in my house, which is 3 bus stops from teem plaza. I have a post in this forum please do go check it out.

cheers,
yan

btw, teem plaza is officially called "Teemall" now.
Apr 18, 2005 11:31
Thanks for your information. I have read your thread. 3 bus stops should be quite far away, right? :-)
By the way, is there any post office near Teemall? I want to buy many books and probably send some them via post. Do you think it is safe to stay and wandering alone around huan shi dong lu. I read those are area of pubs and bars.

Many many thanks.

Cheers,
Yandy
Apr 18, 2005 12:28
  • VIATURATI3
Sometimes it is far yes. But come to think about the size of Guangzhou and it is 6 stops from Teemall to the train station...
Do not worry about the traffic if staying in our house, it is a 25 minutes' metro ride to the train station which could be faster than 2 bus stops on huan shi dong lu.
And yes there is a postoffice near Teemall, quite big.
Do take care when you "stay and wandering alone", you wont get stabbed but Guangzhou is famous for pickpockets. The bars are where foreigners hang around so there are some "girls" too.

cheers,
yan
Apr 18, 2005 20:42
I am glad to hear that I won't get stabbed if I am wandering alone. I don't drink alcohol, so bars won't be interesting places for me.
You are being so helpful. I will consider your offer. I will let you know if I make any decision.

Cheers,
Yandy
Apr 19, 2005 00:12
  • VIATURATI3
Just want you to know that you are more than welcome to our house. We would love to know people. And please tell us in advance so we can arrange better.

cheers,
yan
Post a Reply to: Hotel near Teem Plaza
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code