Menu
What to do if you have one day in BJ?
Apr 13, 2004 09:09
  • PACO
I will be with my girlfriend for just 1 day in BJ from morning 8 am to 5 pm. What will you suggest that we do? Money is not a problem and we are prepared to spend them (pls don't suggest shopping) to have a good trip. We have not been to BJ before.
Apr 13, 2004 09:15
  • DAISY
The Summer Palace is outstanding and less regimented then the Forbidden City. As well the Temple of Heavenly Peace.
Apr 13, 2004 09:16
  • PACO
Thanks for the info. But will it be cold next week at Summer Palace? What's the day temp like? Any chances of storm or rain?

Are there things to eat at SP? We also want to spend time to sit down and talk. Any place to sit? Instead of walking the whole day.
Apr 13, 2004 09:17
  • DAISY
You may try the Beijing's Hutong, which is a unique form of community that exists only in China. If you are fed up with high buildings and wide streets, enter Beijing's hutongs then. Here, you will find "Hutong Culture" and "Courtyard Culture".
During the this sepcial travel in Beijing, you can get well know about Beijing people's life and style.

Also you can taste the famous Duck Dinner!

or

the Siheyuan,a courtyard is like a square. Rooms are built along the four sides of the square.
I think one day is just enough, enjoy you one-day trip in Beijing :D

Apr 13, 2004 10:55
  • PACO
Hi Daisy, thanks for the info. related to Hutongs. But I think we prefer the hotels. Now this is the first time we are going out to a foreign land as a couple. We want to be a bit more comfortable, esp. at nite ......

As for my earlier question re. the summer palace, is it cold next week? The word Summer looks warm, but we don't like too cold a weather to walk outside with cold winds blowing at us.

Any reasonable priced hotel near Beijing Station??
Post a Reply to: What to do if you have one day in BJ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code