Menu
What will you do when you are ripped off on a trip?
Feb 18, 2012 01:20
  • JIMMYB
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 2 vote(s)
  2. 0 vote(s)
  3. 1 vote(s)
  4. 0 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
In my last post “Have you been ripped off in Sanya?”, I related that a Chinese tourist and his friends were ripped off in Sanya when they ate seafood. After their experience was disclosed, the local industrial and commercial bureau asked the victims for details. But the victims refused to be interviewed. Later, the local industrial and commercial bureau checked the seafood restaurant and found the proof. As a result, the seafood restaurant was closed.

I told this to my friend. He said they were smart. I asked him why. He told me that they chose to pay for the bill and left. If they didn’t, they might be beaten. I asked “what will you do under the same situation?” He answered “I will pay for the bill and leave.” I asked him again “Why do you ask help from the local supervisors?” He said calmly “I wouldn’t cause any trouble in a place he is not familiar with. It is no good to me.”

What will you do when you get ripped off?
Feb 19, 2012 11:01
  • CARLOS
Couple of young guys tried to rip my mother in Belgrad Yugoslavia when it still existed. I mean Yugoslavia, of course Belgrad still exists.
My mother rose her purse to give it to other guy. He took a step closer and then my mother sticked her finger into his eye. He started screaming and the other guy got nervous and then they ran away. This is told me by a woman who was there too so I think the story is true.

There are many ways to make the ripper feel himself very uncomfortable but still I think it is better not to carry anything costly so when you get ripped you can give the ripper all you have and you both will be happy.

Carlos
Feb 20, 2012 21:24
Carlos,

it is wise to keep yourself safe under this situation. As a traveler, I think that you at least should read some materials about your destination. If there are many cases that tourist have been ripped off, I suggest you avoid that destination and choose another one.

Sanya is beautiful but I think I won't go there because I have heard too much bad news about it.
Feb 24, 2012 01:32
GUEST25432 What can I do in an unfamiliar city? Sue them to the local supervisors? It's impossible. I won't spend money coming there again to solve the problem. If the local supervisors really do their duties, tourists won't get ripped off easily.
Post a Reply to: What will you do when you are ripped off on a trip?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code