Menu
Noobie question about medical checkup
Feb 23, 2012 21:19
  • JOSHIM
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and first time posting.
Sorry as this might be a redundant question, but I have been offered a position from a school in Tianjin and have been told by the school that I need a medical checkup.

Now, after searching online, I have found these conflicting facts:

1. You NEED to have a medical checkup (using the form provided by the chinese consulate) and that NEEDS to have an "official stamp", as the form calls it.
2. You don't need to have a medical checkup until you get to China. The medical checkup is for Residency card only.
3. New York Chinese Consulate told me over the phone that a medical checkup form is not needed for a Z visa, and that was just for the school. (Sorry, but I just don't trust one person to give me a 100% accurate answer, and I can't keep calling to get extra opinions/answers seeing how it took me FOREVER to get through to that one person).
4. My school tells me that I need a medical checkup to get the Foreign Expert paper. (is this true?)

So I am SUPER confused... My questions are:

A. What is correct? I'm confused and stressed out...
B. Does anyone know where I can get a medical checkup where they can stamp with an "official stamp"? I'm in New Jersey / NYC area
C. Can I just get a medical checkup after arriving in China?

Thank you all in advance for your patience and time. I value all of your expert opinions!

- Joshim
Feb 24, 2012 02:08
  • JABAROOTOO
HI relax. the Medical Check-up is for the Residency Permit which is only issued from a valid Z visa which you need to work in China.

No Z visa, no medical, no Residency Permit - that's the simple facts

So apply for your Z visa and when you arrive your school will make arrangements for all the paperwork and Medical Exam. this needs to be completed within 30 days of arrival and you will then be issued with a Residency visa (now in Passport) not a separate document as in the past.

This can be renewed if you stay in the job without having another medical but needs to be re-issued on an existing (Old) Z visa if you change jobs and you'll most likely have to take another medical then.

Hope this helps
Feb 24, 2012 08:17
  • JOSHIM
I hope this is correct, 'cause that would make things much easier! :)
But then why is my school asking for one saying they need it? *sigh...

Thank you Jabarootoo!
Feb 27, 2012 02:47
GUEST86170 I've just arrived in Tianjin and had to have a medical in my home country and supply this to the University here as part of the application process. The medical forms also went with the visa application to the Chinese Embassy in my home country. Now I'm here and last week was told I would need the routine medical this week. This time at the university's expense. Welcome to China.
Post a Reply to: Noobie question about medical checkup
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code