Menu
Does the bride pay for her wedding?
Feb 25, 2012 00:28
According to a report from Tencent, Chinese men spend 100 times money on marrying their girls as much as American men do.

Why? Chinese men have to buy an apartment, a car (if necessary), give bride price to their parents-in-law and pay for their wedding ceremony (including the wedding banquet). An apartment costs too much and they have to ask loans from the bank.

Why do Americans spend less money? They rent an apartment instead of buying one. What's more, the brides pay for their wedding ceremony (wedding banquet).

I doubt about it. Do most Americans rent apartments to live? Do the brides pay for their wedding?
Feb 26, 2012 06:30
GUEST13063 These rules are not written in stone, and I've seen cases where the family which could afford it pitched in and paid for things like a house or condo, reception, etc. regardless if it was the bride's family or the groom's.

I'll tell you what's written in stone: after the marriage and in a divorce, the wife's rights are.

Now to your other question: not every American owns his home. Home ownership may be considered "the American dream" but the reality is that most new couples rent. Mortgage loans used to be easy to obtain, but now they are not.
Feb 28, 2012 00:37
Thanks, GUEST13063.

The subprime mortgage crisis has caused too much trouble for the USA. China is following the USA's steps. Since last year, China has launched policies to curb the bubbles in the real estates market.

I am not sure if China will succeed or experience the same problem like the USA.
Mar 4, 2012 02:29
  • WILDCAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY View Post

According to a report from Tencent, Chinese men spend 100 times money on marrying their girls as much as American men do.

Why? Chinese men have to buy an apartment, a car (if necessary), give bride price to their parents-in-law and pay for their wedding ceremony (including the wedding banquet). An apartment costs too much and ...

It's because some Chinese women have developed this brain damage syndrome called "acquisitiveness fueled with bad math skills" combined with severe lack of deductive thinking and common sense, which over the years had made a tremendous contribution to this highly sophisticated female terminology called: "No money no wife and I dont care how much you cry, just give me all you have and die" whereas in the states you only have "no woman no cry". So in terms of womaniac US is still a 3rd world country compared with China.
Mar 6, 2012 22:11
  • JIMMYB
The key is that there are more men and less women. Women have many options but men don't. If there are more girls than men. I guess that men can ask the same thing "No house, no car and then no marriage".
Apr 24, 2012 11:15
GUEST19129 can someone confirm me..
Does every Chinese men has to give house to women parents at marriage.
Apr 24, 2012 21:32
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST19129

can someone confirm me..

Not everyone but a very large number of Chinese parents require their son-in-law to buy an apartment. That's why people say "It is the mother-in-law who make the house prices increase".

May 4, 2012 21:12
  • ICEBERG
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST19129

can someone confirm me..

You needn't buy a house for your girl's parents. But your mother-in-law will ask you to buy an apartment for your girl.
Aug 14, 2012 06:06
  • VICTORIAWU
All of guys are luck.No house,no car,no anthing when I was married to my husband.It's called naked marriage.Because we were loved each other 9 years before marry.But,now,we have our own house/home and car and baby etc through our hard working together. In my opinion,it's depend on both sides.If two pepole really love each other and willing to hard work together,then,no one will care about house and car available or not.
Aug 14, 2012 21:42
Victoria,

How many years have you been working hard to buy your house and car?
Post a Reply to: Does the bride pay for her wedding?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code