Menu
Who are the world’s worst tourists? Americans say “It’s us”.
Mar 7, 2012 01:29
  • JIMMYB
A survey from LivingSocial (an American website) found that Americans themselves believe they are the world’s worst tourists.

Data:
Four in ten US travelers admit to having stolen something from a hotel during a visit. The most common items were towels, bathrobes, batteries, pillows, remote controls, sheets, bibles and umbrellas.

Following the U.S. travelers, Chinese tourists take the second place and then France, Japan, Russia, Korea, India, Germany, Spain and Britain.

Who do you think are the world’s worst tourists? Have you stolen something from a hotel when you take a journey? Have you ever done something rude during your visit?
Mar 9, 2012 15:12
  • CARLOS
The worst are british, (sorry, Dave) they drink even more than the Finns and they are loud. The shared first place goes to russians. They are arrogant, drunks and loud.

No, the russians are 1. british 2.

Carlos
Mar 12, 2012 04:37
  • DODGER
I was talking to some Chinese friends over the weekend and they thought that the Chinese were the worst tourists when overseas. One told me that she was really embarrassed by some of them.
I said that she had obviously never seen English football fan. The absolute worst hooligans in the world by a county mile.
Dodger.
Mar 13, 2012 01:38
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

I was talking to some Chinese friends over the weekend and they thought that the Chinese were the worst tourists when overseas. One told me that she was really embarrassed by some of them.
I said that she had obviously never seen English football fan. The absolute worst hooligans in the world by a county mile.
Dodger.

Dodger, I just had a trip to Beijing with my parents. Your Chinese friends are right. Chinese tourists have bad reputation. I saw many of them litter and throw garbage randomly, jump the queue or smoke in public.

PS: I haven't seen any English football fans.
Mar 14, 2012 04:44
  • DODGER
‘PS: I haven't seen any English football fans’
Jimmy, you’re lucky. They are truly the scum of the earth, with no real interest in football just the fight; and with anyone.
As to queue jumpers; why do few people say nothing? I do.
Dodger.
Mar 15, 2012 01:37
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

‘PS: I haven't seen any English football fans’
Jimmy, you’re lucky. They are truly the scum of the earth, with no real interest in football just the fight; and with anyone.
As to queue jumpers; why do few people say nothing? I do.
Dodger.

Dodger, people have become cold-hearted today. When I queued at the ticket office of the Forbidden City, a guy tried to jump the queue. I asked him to queue up. He stared me and said "It's none of your business." Other people just stood there and did nothing. They didn't want to make trouble.

As for the English football hooligans, I am curious that how London will deal with them during the Olympic Games.
Post a Reply to: Who are the world’s worst tourists? Americans say “It’s us”.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code