Menu
Dating a Chinese woman
Mar 12, 2012 11:42
guest07177 I am corresponding with a Chinese woman and we are planning to meet in a few weeks. In our correspondence, she has asked me several times if I have ever had a special relationship with an Asian woman. Even after I told her I had a Chinese girlfriend for 4 years when I was in Asia. Why does she keep asking this question?
Mar 12, 2012 20:58
  • GRIZ326
There are a few possibilities that I have personally experienced:

If her English is limited, she might not have accurately translated or understood the word "relationship" or your use of it.

Or you may not be corresponding with the girl that you will meet and that you are corresponding with a translator for her...possibly through an agency.

If she is just using a translator to help her that's one thing; if she is working through an agency it is another.

When I first met my wife, I told everyone that she spoke pretty good English. I was wrong, but when you meet a wonderful, uncommonly happy person communication is easy. Today I know just how little English she spoke, but she is still a wonderful, uncommonly happy person, and as good a wife as any guy could ever want.

In the case of a woman working with an agency to find a husband, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Be prepared to make your apologies. If you identify this is the case and feel hoodwinked - or worse - scammed, be kind, but be prepared to move on and enjoy your trip to China.
Mar 12, 2012 21:16
  • GOLFPRO59
Thanks for the info, however I was introduced to her through a mutual friend. She lives in Los Angeles and I live in Ventura, CA. The reason we haven't met yet is because I am on the road playing tournaments for the next 3 weeks. My friend, who happens to have a Thai girlfriend, says it is a cultural thing, that Chinese women don't like Thai, Japanese or Vietnamese women, so they want to know if you have been with any of those. I simply told her, I had a girlfriend from Shenzhen for 4 years, if that means special relationship, then I guess I did. Better that than to lie and say no!!
Mar 13, 2012 01:31
  • LITTLEPEACH
It’s hard to tell. If you tell her “yes”, she might be angry with you. A man who has several relationships with other women can not be trusted. Girls want their men to be 100% loyal to them. If you tell her “no”, she might know that you lie to her.

My advice: Ask her why she is so interested in your past. You can say “I love you so that I do not care about your past. It doesn’t matter how many men you have been in relationship with. If you love someone, you have to accept his/her past. Do you love me? ”
May 21, 2013 22:24
GUEST49252 Have you ever heard a Chinese women say the word 'love'? I mean not the love for themselves but for another. Good Luck.
Post a Reply to: Dating a Chinese woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code